+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing college and province

deep12

Jan 6, 2015
I need some advice about changing my college and province after landing in canada,i hope this wouldn't create any difficulty in future for getting pr and is it ok to have a gap of 3-4 mths because of term start dates .please help me and share your experience.thanks

nishunepal

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Winnipeg
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am waiting for my visa too. i m also planning to change my college and province after arriving at canada. i think it will not make any problem.

Jaymin007

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deep12 said:
I need some advice about changing my college and province after landing in canada,i hope this wouldn't create any difficulty in future for getting pr and is it ok to have a gap of 3-4 mths because of term start dates .please help me and share your experience.thanks
Well, this is tricky question. I would suggest you to call CiC after you reach over here but making sure u get admission from that other college before hand so if cic gives you green signal then you can go ahead.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
deep12 said:

"As of June 1, 2014, all study permit holders in Canada will need to actively pursue studies. This means that:

if you hold a study permit, you must remain enrolled and make reasonable and timely progress towards completing your program; and
failing to do so could lead to your removal from Canada.

Your educational institution will report to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on your continued enrolment and academic status. You may also be asked by an immigration officer to provide evidence of your continued enrolment and academic status."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deep12 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15

"Post-secondary student

You may change your school, program, field of study or level of study (e.g. from the Bachelor level to the Masters level) without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid."