+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes in MNI for new PGP (Parent and Grandparent sponsorship)

bradsoltani

Jul 4, 2014
Hello all,

I applied to sponsor my mom and dad on 2009. I'm past the first stage (assessing my eligibility), BUT I'm sure the minimum income criteria maintains until my parents are permanent residents. (Probably I must maintain the min income until the day they receive a PR visa)

Now, with all the changes to new PGP program, I'm confused. What is the minimum income that I have to maintain until the end? The new one: New PGP Sponsorship program or Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)

My family size will be 4 (myself, my wife, my mom and my dad). Last week, they finished their medical as well. Does it mean that we are done? If not, please help me with the minimum income information for those who applied on 2009 (November)

Cheers

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
If you applied back in 2009, you do not need to follow the NEW income requirements/rules.......(old rules apply to you not the new rules)

New rules are for the new applications only.

bradsoltani

Jul 4, 2014
Thanks. That makes sense. Do you know if there is a table for old application's income requirement in CIC's website (That mentions parents and grandparents as well)?

Cheers