+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes in address, employment and marital status

debonair

Jan 19, 2010
Hi there,
I got my AOR back in last october itself; So far, I was preparing/collecting documents to submit them to Buffalo. But in the meantime, I went back to my home country and get married (I'm currently in US). Along with the change in my marital status, I have changed my employer and address as well. From the cic website, I got to know that I have to inform the referred Canadian consulate about the changes. But I still have couple of confusions that I need your valuable suggestions for, to sort them out:

i. First, do I need to fill up the forms that I sent to Syndey (Canada) again? Or should I be enlisting the changed data in separate paper along with a letter addressed to the consulate about the changes?

ii. Secondly and importantly, should I be submitting my wife's documents too along with mine at buffalo? Or, I can just mention about my changed marital status, not submit her documents at this time and wait for their response?

Any insightful suggestions would be highly appreciated. Also, if anybody knows the best email address to reach Canadian Immigration for this kind of query, please provide me that as well.

Thanks in Advance,
Debonair