+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of status from student to worker for PR application under spousal sponsor

dbhalla

Feb 23, 2017
HI,

Can someone please help me that;

Do I need to notify CIC about my change of status from student to worker as I have applied for PR under spousal sponsorship in Canada. Just last month, my status got changed from student to worker.

When I applied for my PR, I was under study permit and that was last year(2016). So the status got change last month after I graduated. Do I need to inform this to CIC.

Please help!!

Thanks in advance.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Not really necessary, but you can inform them by using this web form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=052&top=3

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
dbhalla said:
HI,

Can someone please help me that;

Do I need to notify CIC about my change of status from student to worker as I have applied for PR under spousal sponsorship in Canada. Just last month, my status got changed from student to worker.

When I applied for my PR, I was under study permit and that was last year(2016). So the status got change last month after I graduated. Do I need to inform this to CIC.

Please help!!

Thanks in advance.
No. no need to update them :) am a student before and I never update CIc about my changes in status. Then I called them up before and an agent had confirmed that as well.

dbhalla

Feb 23, 2017
Thanks for the reply

Yeah, I am not sure whether I should inform them using the link mentioned above or should wait until they will ask me themselves to attach a proof for status change.

As per this link they haven't mentioned about the status change update in this list.

So, still not sure. Does somebody has a similar case where they have applied for PR (when they were student) and later got work permit and had to notify CIC about the status change?

or somebody came here on visitor visa, applied for PR on spousal basis and later got work permit (on the basis of spousal sponsorship). Did they notified CIC of that status change from visitor to worker?

Please help if somebody had a similar case.

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]