+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of resident country

gophillies

Jan 6, 2009
Hi,

I had applied for Canadian PR in Feb 2008 (before 27th) under Skilled Worker category and my processing has been going on. We had our case transferred from Buffalo to New York end of October and CIC asked for medicals in Nov. We did the medicals and it reached Ottawa on 21st Nov. After that there has been no updates from the consulate. I am on a L1 visa in the US and my project ends at the end of this month and I will have to return to India.
My question is : Will it affect the processing because of my change of residence from the US to India or will they send my PR (once approved) to my address in India?

Thanks in advance!

elliot4004

Jan 8, 2009
If i were you, I wouldn't change the country of residence cause it might cause trouble. Just let someone monitor your address in the US because by 1st week in february they will request for passport and that means you are done. The question is I don't know if they will also request your immigration status as well when requesting for passport.
That's my advice but continue your research, hopefully someone will be able to answer you.

gophillies

Jan 6, 2009
Thanks for your reply elliot4004. Really appreciate your taking some time to reply to my queries. Do you know normally how long it takes to get the PR after the medicals are sent to Canada? My application status keeps on saying In Process in the CIC website.
And where do I need to send the passport when they request for it - New York consulate or Canada?

elliot4004

Jan 8, 2009
Usually it's within 6months of medical (if medical is fine) passport will be requested by CIC. As far as I know you have to mail the passport to the consular office processing your application