+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of location during PR Processing

rakesh_xav

Sep 20, 2010
If you have applied for CEC from within Canada(to Buffalo Office), what would happen if you have to leave canada in between the PR processing.
1. How would you notify the Canada Immigration of the change of Address
2. Will the PR process be moved to the new country where you are now ?
3. Will this envolve more time then normal

I expect my company to send me back in another 6 months, looking at the processing time for CEC, it seems it might not be enough. Is it better to apply from my home country ( I fulfill all the requiremens as of now )

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
rakesh_xav said:
If you have applied for CEC from within Canada(to Buffalo Office), what would happen if you have to leave canada in between the PR processing.

1. How would you notify the Canada Immigration of the change of Address

You can do it by email or fax, but NOT BEFORE you receive your file number.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/change_address-changement_adresse.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=361&menu=L

2. Will the PR process be moved to the new country where you are now ?

No.

3. Will this envolve more time then normal

Not sure. Can't think of any reason why it should, unless sending/receiving mail becomes an issue. Apply to Buffalo now.

I expect my company to send me back in another 6 months, looking at the processing time for CEC, it seems it might not be enough. Is it better to apply from my home country ( I fulfill all the requiremens as of now )

All CEC applications are (initially) processed in Buffalo. If you send it to a different visa office, they will either forward it to Buffalo or return it to you.

The thing you need to consider is, when you submit your application, they will send the AOR by mail (it's taking more than 3 months as of now), so you will have to provide either

(a) a mailing address where you know someone will receive the mail and forward it to you (they will not accept a change of address without your B-file number, and you won't get that file number until you get the AOR... tho some people have found a way to get their file number before receiving the AOR)

(b) Your current address; if you move, be sure to submit a mail forwarding request with Canada Post to another Canadian address, and pay for 6 months of service.

The "AOR" letter includes bar-coded labels with your file number (for use on correspondence) and a Change of Address / Personal Information form, that you can mail, fax, or scan and email...

Thanks

Java

Nov 23, 2010
Hi,

if there is a change of location,the best thing would be notify the buffalo office the same with ur details .If u have not received t eh file number,you can provide the client id(file no) on your worker permit document.

I had an address change and did not notify them.I hd got the canada post to forward all my mils from the previous address.recently i called them to inquire on the delay and thats when canada post told me that Government documents will not be forwarded to the new address.So its better u inform them at the earliest.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Java,

I also moved while waiting for my AOR. I tried to send CHC Buffalo my change of address before I got my file number, and included all relevent info (+Client ID number). In response I received a terse reply NOT to contact them until I receive my file number. Two months later they sent my AOR to my old address. I had paid for Canada Post's mail forwarding service, and they did forward the letter.

In addition to taking care of mail forwarding, make sure you use a stable email address, because AORs seem to be coming by email these days.

noreved_73

Nov 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5th 2010
I too changed location during my application, I sent an e-mail to buffalo with my client ID number and last time I logged onto e-cas online it had been changed to the new address. And I have not even received my AOR yet, and I submitted on June 5th.