+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Employment

db321123

Sep 12, 2019
Hello,

I had submitted my EE profile on Aug-29-2019 for which I received an ITA on Sep-04-2019. Now the thing is, I am going to leave my current job on Oct-18-2019. And I'll most probably submit my application after date only. So I have following question regarding to that.

1) As I am going to submit my application after Oct-18, I'll need to change status of my current job and will have to add the end date. Which will be different from EE profile, will that create any issues?

2) I might join my new employer on Oct-21-2019 but I will not get any documents from that employer, Will I have to add that experience in in my work history or I can just add it in the personal history and explain the details in LOE?

3) Should I inform IRCC about this change in advance before submitting the application or should I mention everything in LOE itself?

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Hello,

I had submitted my EE profile on Aug-29-2019 for which I received an ITA on Sep-04-2019. Now the thing is, I am going to leave my current job on Oct-18-2019. And I'll most probably submit my application after date only. So I have following question regarding to that.

1) As I am going to submit my application after Oct-18, I'll need to change status of my current job and will have to add the end date. Which will be different from EE profile, will that create any issues?

2) I might join my new employer on Oct-21-2019 but I will not get any documents from that employer, Will I have to add that experience in in my work history or I can just add it in the personal history and explain the details in LOE?

3) Should I inform IRCC about this change in advance before submitting the application or should I mention everything in LOE itself?
1) if you can attach a reference letter that would indicate you have indeed left your job then no it won't be a problem. You can also attach an LOE to explain this part.

2) If the already claimed experience in your EE profile got you the ITA, then NO don't add any more experience slots as this would trigger a big red flag for them. Just leave your experience part without any addition as you don't need documents for an employment that you haven't claimed under work history section.

3) mention everything in one LOE for each section . One for employment , POF, Education ..etc . Use them ONLY if you have to use them and if your documents aren't straightforward easy to understand, otherwise you don't need them at all.

db321123

Sep 12, 2019
Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I can attach the reference letter that would indicate I have left my current job. So as per your suggestion, it will be okay if I change my current employment and add the end date. But I should not enter any new employment which might trigger the red flag. Correct?
And also can you please let me know if I should mention my new employment in personal history or not?

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Hello,

Add all changes after they happen, if you change jobs before applying you should change this in you application when you start completing it. you will not claim points for new job, so I understand you don't need a reference letter, just add it on personal history. If you can get a letter then don't hesitate and ask for it.