+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Employment & Address after ITA

Rishi Behl

Nov 15, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi Fam,

Firstly, I'd like to inform you that I submitted my file, with all the documents, after receiving ITA in February 2021 - yes I'm still waiting for my PR due to delays. I've two queries, which I've listed below with detailed scenarios for your better understanding, regarding a change in both employment and residential address after the final submission.

Query 1: Change in the employment

Q: Shall I report to IRCC through the Webform of my new employment even though it won't have any impact on my points and does not relate, in any way, to my NOC? I understand that all the work experience, which I've had and claimed points for, get locked after one submits the file post ITA and pays the fees. Should I still inform them of any changes to my employment post the final submission?

Scenario: In the express entry application, I've claimed points for my employment until the date of submission, i.e., February 2021, at one of the accounting firms in Australia. The following month (March 2021) I decided to resign from this employment, and therefore joined a new company that has NO DIRECT RELATION to my NOC. This new employment is on a casual basis and won't impact/change points in the application.

Query 2: Change in residential addresses

Q: It's been over 6 months since I moved out from the initial accommodation, where I was living at the time of file submission. Then, I moved to a new place from March to September, and then to another new place, which is my current accommodation, from September onwards to the present. Is there anything to worry about reporting these two changes after months of delay?

Scenario: Since I'm a temporary resident (i.e. student) in Australia, I moved out twice to two different lodgings - from the initial one, at the time of file submission, to a new one for 6 months, and then from this new one to the present one. I understand that I need to inform IRCC about the aforementioned changes through webform. However, I wasn't aware of this and only got to know about this today while having a discussion with my friend. It's been 6 months since I moved out from the initial lodging, which I mentioned in the express entry file with a status 'present' at that time.

Please clarify the above as it would mean a lot to me.

Thank you in advance,

RISHI.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Fam,

Firstly, I'd like to inform you that I submitted my file, with all the documents, after receiving ITA in February 2021 - yes I'm still waiting for my PR due to delays. I've two queries, which I've listed below with detailed scenarios for your better understanding, regarding a change in both employment and residential address after the final submission.

Query 1: Change in the employment

Q: Shall I report to IRCC through the Webform of my new employment even though it won't have any impact on my points and does not relate, in any way, to my NOC? I understand that all the work experience, which I've had and claimed points for, get locked after one submits the file post ITA and pays the fees. Should I still inform them of any changes to my employment post the final submission?

Scenario: In the express entry application, I've claimed points for my employment until the date of submission, i.e., February 2021, at one of the accounting firms in Australia. The following month (March 2021) I decided to resign from this employment, and therefore joined a new company that has NO DIRECT RELATION to my NOC. This new employment is on a casual basis and won't impact/change points in the application.

Query 2: Change in residential addresses

Q: It's been over 6 months since I moved out from the initial accommodation, where I was living at the time of file submission. Then, I moved to a new place from March to September, and then to another new place, which is my current accommodation, from September onwards to the present. Is there anything to worry about reporting these two changes after months of delay?

Scenario: Since I'm a temporary resident (i.e. student) in Australia, I moved out twice to two different lodgings - from the initial one, at the time of file submission, to a new one for 6 months, and then from this new one to the present one. I understand that I need to inform IRCC about the aforementioned changes through webform. However, I wasn't aware of this and only got to know about this today while having a discussion with my friend. It's been 6 months since I moved out from the initial lodging, which I mentioned in the express entry file with a status 'present' at that time.

Please clarify the above as it would mean a lot to me.

Thank you in advance,

RISHI.
The day you submit your application it is locked, you do not need a work reference letter from your new employer. However, if you have claimed points for your current employment, you only have to inform IRCC that you no longer work there in case IRCC wants to verify your employment, they should be aware that it is not your current employment.

As long as you are in the same country, there is no need to inform IRCC.