+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Employer - Job change

punch17

Sep 25, 2016
Hi Guys,

I got ITA from Express Entry under CEC class with 477 points in mid April 2016 and has submitted my documents on May 2nd, 2016.
The application is still under review and now I have got offer from another company with a better position.

Following other threads tells me that I can switch the job without any issue. I have following concerns though:
- Should I notify CIC about my employer change. (FYI, my NOC is not going to change)?
- If I should notify, what is the proper procedure to do it ?

I am new to this Forum so in case if else relevant information is required, please let me know and I will provide.
I would appreciate if someone can help me in this regards.

Thanks.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
punch17 said:
Hi Guys,

I got ITA from Express Entry under CEC class with 477 points in mid April 2016 and has submitted my documents on May 2nd, 2016.
The application is still under review and now I have got offer from another company with a better position.

Following other threads tells me that I can switch the job without any issue. I have following concerns though:
- Should I notify CIC about my employer change. (FYI, my NOC is not going to change)?

I am new to this Forum so in case if else relevant information is required, please let me know and I will provide.
I would appreciate if someone can help me in this regards.

Thanks.
You can use this CSE Webform https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 to intimate CIC about change of employment/employer.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
punch17 said:
Hi Guys,

Following other threads tells me that I can switch the job without any issue.
As long as you have an open work permit, you can change jobs.

I have following concerns though:

You can use the CSE to update IRCC (link provided by Stanlee). However, if you are CEC applicant, it will have no impact on your application and is not strictly necessary. But it is quite OK to do, as well.

Thanks.