+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of career from Finance to laboratory technician....possible??

student2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Hello friends,
My name is Rizwan. I have a finance background. I have done MBA in finance in 2011.

But I leaved my second finance degree due to the job uncertainty and my lack of interest too. As i have heard for now due to this covid 19 pandemic, the Canadian government needs laboratory technicians to support them in their future operations so if i enroll for a diploma in laboratory technician for two years will they allow me to change my career and provide me the study permit?

Please reply soon.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello friends,
My name is Rizwan. I have a finance background. I have done MBA in finance in 2011.

But I leaved my second finance degree due to the job uncertainty and my lack of interest too. As i have heard for now due to this covid 19 pandemic, the Canadian government needs laboratory technicians to support them in their future operations so if i enroll for a diploma in laboratory technician for two years will they allow me to change my career and provide me the study permit?

Please reply soon.
You will most likely struggle to get a study permit approved if you make this drastic a change. A diploma is a much much lower level of study than an MBA and has nothing to do with your past work experience. You'll need to explain why you are making this change.

To be approved for a study permit you must demonstrate you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. So saying that your reasons for taking this course of study is to remain in Canada won't be a good answer.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello friends,

Please reply soon.
You want to leave the highly lucrative finance field for a lab technician position? Looks very suspicious from the outside.