+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of address....How/who to inform?

toledo

Star Member
Apr 21, 2008
Hi all,

Background:
I am a canadian citizen. I got married in US, and currently living with my wife in US, temporarily. I am about to submit a family class sponsorship application for my wife. I have gathered all the information.

Situation:
So, in the sponsorship application the section where I need to fill out my information,

I have a couple of questions here, I would like someone to comment, please.

1. Residential Address: What would I put as my residential address (My address in canada? or my address in US?)

2. Mailing address: Same here, which address should I put (My address in canada? or my address in US?)

3. Say, if I moved to another address (in US) after I submit my application, where/how/who should I inform of my change of address?

Can someone please give me an advise...

Thanks,

Toledo.

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
1. Residential Address: What would I put as my residential address (My address in canada? or my address in US?)
--Totally depends on you. I will recommend use your address in Canada.

2. Mailing address: Same here, which address should I put (My address in canada? or my address in US?)
-- This is important because they will send all the correspondences here. If you think your Canadian address is reliable and you will have access to the postal mails easily use Canadian address.

3. Say, if I moved to another address (in US) after I submit my application, where/how/who should I inform of my change of address?
--If you use your USA address and you need to change it in future you have to send a letter to the visa office. Mention your file number in that letter. Sometimes they send a format (a paper copy) to change address along with the receipt/ acknowledgment of your application submission.

Thank you.

toledo

Star Member
Apr 21, 2008
habib890 said:
--Totally depends on you. I will recommend use your address in Canada.

-- This is important because they will send all the correspondences here. If you think your Canadian address is reliable and you will have access to the postal mails easily use Canadian address.

--If you use your USA address and you need to change it in future you have to send a letter to the visa office. Mention your file number in that letter. Sometimes they send a format (a paper copy) to change address along with the receipt/ acknowledgment of your application submission.

Thank you.
Habib,

Thanks alot. Really appreciate it.

Toledo.

Thilakraj616

Apr 9, 2017
Change of address - Canada PR visa

Hello guys,

I have a doubt that I have completed my education credentialing in my old house address and now we had shifted to new location. I have changed all my address proof documents except my education credentialing document. Will it affect my PR Visa process. I plan to fill my Visa application form by next month. Please advice