+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in Marital Status

Gurleenkaur2020

Mar 5, 2020
Dear Team, I submitted my PR application in May 2019 and biometrics were done in Feb 2020. My application is still in process.
At the time of PR submission, my marital status was Single (Unmarried).
Now in July 2021, i got married, and till date, i was not aware if i need to inform IRCC before I receive any passport request (PR approval). So my queries are:
1. I have notified IRCC through case specific inquiry today that i got married in July 2021. When shall i expect any reply? Will it affect my application?
2. What additional documents can they ask for, now when i have declared Married? Other than marriage certificate?
3. My husband is serving Indian Army, so are not requesting for spousal PR at this stage. Are we in the right direction? Will he still needs to get his medicals and PCC done? Or just the biometrics?

Thanking you in anticipation
Regards, Dr. Gurleen Kaur

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear Team, I submitted my PR application in May 2019 and biometrics were done in Feb 2020. My application is still in process.
At the time of PR submission, my marital status was Single (Unmarried).
Now in July 2021, i got married, and till date, i was not aware if i need to inform IRCC before I receive any passport request (PR approval). So my queries are:
1. I have notified IRCC through case specific inquiry today that i got married in July 2021. When shall i expect any reply? Will it affect my application?
2. What additional documents can they ask for, now when i have declared Married? Other than marriage certificate?
3. My husband is serving Indian Army, so are not requesting for spousal PR at this stage. Are we in the right direction? Will he still needs to get his medicals and PCC done? Or just the biometrics?

Thanking you in anticipation
Regards, Dr. Gurleen Kaur
1. Your application will be delayed by a number of months while you add your spouse to your application and IRCC completes their review of this change.
2. Your husband will need to complete a medical, biometrics, and provide PCCs. There will also be forms you will need to complete or update.
3. He will need to get a medical done and provide PCCs in order for your application to be approved even if he is non-accompanying.

Reactions: Gurleenkaur2020

Gurleenkaur2020

Mar 5, 2020
1. Your application will be delayed by a number of months while you add your spouse to your application and IRCC completes their review of this change.
2. Your husband will need to complete a medical, biometrics, and provide PCCs. There will also be forms you will need to complete or update.
3. He will need to get a medical done and provide PCCs in order for your application to be approved even if he is non-accompanying.
Thank you so much for prompt responses. 1. Related to that, do i need to inform IRCC about the change in my current address, although the permanent address will remain the same.
2. If my husband's PCC will happen, do i need to repeat my PCC as well? As now we are together and in a different city from what i declared and got the PCC for while submitting PR application.
3. Shall i wait for IRCC to respond to my CSE notifying about change in marital status, and if they will provide the list of documents i need to submit?
4. If my husband is non-accompanying, will there be any further fees at this point?