+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in job title effects

shabbs83

May 7, 2016
Hi,

I am working as a Software Engineer since 11 years. I have a question that is, I am going to apply for immigration as a software engineer, however in my previous company i was holding job title of software architect and delivery manager and currently i am holding title of Sr. Software engineer. So will it affect me in some ways. If yes then in what ways it is going to affect me?

Thanks

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
shabbs83 said:
Hi,

I am working as a Software Engineer since 11 years. I have a question that is, I am going to apply for immigration as a software engineer, however in my previous company i was holding job title of software architect and delivery manager and currently i am holding title of Sr. Software engineer. So will it affect me in some ways. If yes then in what ways it is going to affect me?

Thanks
No, job title will not affect as CIC knows that titles vary from company to company, organization to organization and even country to country. What is important is that the duties listed for your NOC align with the responsibilities listed in your reference letter for your qualifying work or the job you want to be assessed on. Of course you must have at least 1 year experience in the particular NOC you elect to be processed on, cheers.