+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in Family Composition?

afaz

Nov 17, 2014
Hi all,

Recently received a letter from CIC asking regarding changes in family composition 'prior' to becoming a perm resident. My application was received Dec 27, 2013 (so the so-called 13 mth processing time should be complete by end-Jan) , but because I'm expecting my second child in Feb 2015 (and the baby could come sooner than that), I wrote to them informing the same, ie that I'll be expecting my second child in 2/2015, and if that would delay my application's processing. I added that I'm working in Canada, so the second child will be a Canadian. This is their reply today (see below). What do you guys make of it? We have had our medicals done in 8/2014 and RPRF paid a few days ago. Thx a bunch!

"Good Day ,
Please Provide us with the birth certificate for the new child once received .
We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within 6 months as this could delay your application.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum. In order to process requests efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests."

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
afaz said:
Hi all,

Recently received a letter from CIC asking regarding changes in family composition 'prior' to becoming a perm resident. My application was received Dec 27, 2013 (so the so-called 13 mth processing time should be complete by end-Jan) , but because I'm expecting my second child in Feb 2015 (and the baby could come sooner than that), I wrote to them informing the same, ie that I'll be expecting my second child in 2/2015, and if that would delay my application's processing. I added that I'm working in Canada, so the second child will be a Canadian. This is their reply today (see below). What do you guys make of it? We have had our medicals done in 8/2014 and RPRF paid a few days ago. Thx a bunch!

"Good Day ,
Please Provide us with the birth certificate for the new child once received .
We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within 6 months as this could delay your application.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum. In order to process requests efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests."
You only need to inform CPC of changes in your family, after it actually changes. So, if you end up getting your CoPr before your baby is born, then your answer will be no.