+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change Courses

tormented

Jul 23, 2014
Dear All,

I have got myself admitted to humber college, but now I have changed my mind and I want to go to the university of British Columbia and instead of doing a post graduate diploma, I want to go for a masters degree, but I have heard that according to the new rules implemented after June 01, 2014 one has to stick to the program in which he/she enrolled him/herself and there is no room for change.

Whereas some say that you can change your institute at any time, the only difference is that now you have to inform CIC about it, which was not the case previously.

This dilemma is creating a lot of confusion.

Any take on this?

Moreover another thing that if my classes at humber are in Jan 2015 and the next intake at University of British Columbia is in September 2015 then what shall I do?.. Will I have to take the course at humber or can I wait while staying in Canada and take the September intake of UBC?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
u can change institute as long as it is on the designated list . If ur in canada then u have to notify CIC before the change and I feel even if ur not in canada u should notify CIC but u can show the new admission letter at POE. If u join humber college in jan u will have to pay tuition and be full time student till sept as if u dont then ur study permit will be automatically cancelled after 3 months. so u should wait till sept to go to canada.
u should read the new rules they explain everything
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp

jugrajrandhawa

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
amritsar
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
I got visa for pg diploma course pratical element of mechanical engg for September 2014 intake.. but toay I got offer letter from university of windor for M Engg ( mechanical engg) for winter 2015.. what can I do. Can I change my institute according to new rule. It is possible that college transfer my fees to university.... or wait till december and then go for master. On my same study permit.
plz help me.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
jugrajrandhawa said:
I got visa for pg diploma course pratical element of mechanical engg for September 2014 intake.. but toay I got offer letter from university of windor for M Engg ( mechanical engg) for winter 2015.. what can I do. Can I change my institute according to new rule. It is possible that college transfer my fees to university.... or wait till december and then go for master. On my same study permit.
plz help me.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp