+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change address of employment, change the whole LMO?

aileen27kim

Sep 21, 2009
Hi! I'm just new contract worker here in Canada, I have employer and I've worked with them since I got here, that was April 2009. But suddenly after a couple of months working with them as a cashier in Slave Lake, they decided to transfer and buy a new business in Edmonton. I am currently with them and they are operating their new business here. But I'm not working right now because they said I don't have LMO. Because they need to apply my LMO again to HRSD for a change address. My employer told me that I can't work for the meantime without LMO, they need to process it in HRSD and wait for 8-10 weeks or so.
My question is, how can I support my needs right now if I don't have work for almost 2 months? And what will be the responsibility of my employer to me now that I don't have LMO? I'm just worried about myself. Thank you and more power!

irfan_education

Oct 28, 2009
Actually it is your employer responsibility to take care of your employment. Wait and Watch whether they are really right or not. You should not wait more then 1 month, else just inform to Canadian visa embassy.
You cans search some part time job or If you find the good job you must apply for new LMO for new Work Permit.

Good Luck....