App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2017
Passport Req..
20-Sep-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2017
LANDED..........
24-Dec-2017
I am Ketan Sitapara from India, looking for business study in CANADA.

I have completed my MBA from the UK in 2011 then after I was there for 2 years on post-study work visa. After completion of PSW visa i came back to India and doing a job here. Now I have the interest to study in Canada for better knowledge.

I am married now, currently working as sales manager. I have the gap of more than 5 years now for further study in Canada. Will this gap make any problem to get a visa? because I have read the Canadian immigration website and there clearly mentioned that no more than 5 years gap is acceptable for a student visa.

Please guide me how I can apply for the study or what are the chances to get study visa?

Thank you.

Ketan Sitapara

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Surat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2017
Passport Req..
20-Sep-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2017
LANDED..........
24-Dec-2017
Re: Study gap more than 5 years, What is the chances to get a student visa?

Ketan Sitapara said:

I have completed my MBA from the UK in 2011 then after I was there for 2 years on post-study work visa. After completion of PSW visa i came back to India and doing a job here. Now I have the interest to study in Canada for better knowledge.

I am married now, currently working as sales manager. I have the gap of more than 5 years now for further study in Canada. Will this gap make any problem to get a visa? because I have read the Canadian immigration website and there clearly mentioned that no more than 5 years gap is acceptable for a student visa.

Please guide me how I can apply for the study or what are the chances to get study visa?

Thank you.

Navya32

May 11, 2018
Hi Ketan,

After going through your posts i am very hopeful that with study gap and provided work experience we can still apply for study visa.

i have 15 years of education with 60% , IELTS of 7.5 and!!!!! 12 years of gap but have IT work experience from then till now, consultants see my chances are very low. what do you suggest?

can you suggest me programs and universities where i would be eligible for... my interest lies in Computers and Management

Thanks in Advance.
:)

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria

Thank you.
Hi Ketan,

After going through your posts i am very hopeful that with study gap and provided work experience we can still apply for study visa.

i have 15 years of education with 60% , IELTS of 7.5 and!!!!! 12 years of gap but have IT work experience from then till now, consultants see my chances are very low. what do you suggest?

can you suggest me programs and universities where i would be eligible for... my interest lies in Computers and Management

Thanks in Advance.

For the gaps, if you can provide evidence of your work experience or any important activities that you were engaged in during this gaps in a well convincing SOP, then you will be fine. I have seen on this forum someone with a gap of 8yrs getting approved and a person with 3yrs getting refused because of improper explanation and lack of proof to show for these gaps

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018

Thank you.
Can you provide the link where it is mentioned about inadmissibility for having education gap of more than 5 years..?
I saw in the visa application form they have asked about history of last 10 years..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can you provide the link where it is mentioned about inadmissibility for having education gap of more than 5 years..?
I saw in the visa application form they have asked about history of last 10 years..
That's not true there is no rule about not being admissible based on the length of a study gap.

bonhomie08

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 (L9 - R8.5 - S7.5 - W7)
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-12-2014
Hi Ketan,

Thanks in Advance.
This is why you should not go through consultants. You do NOT have a gap since you have been working ever since you graduated.

I would recommend looking at IT programs in Red River College, Winnipeg, for these reasons:

1. Cheaper than similar programs in BC or Ontario.
2. Easy to get accepted.
3. PR is easier to get in Manitoba than in many other provinces.
4. Cost of living is cheaper in Winnipeg. Also, being a smaller city, there is less traffic issues and parking problems.

Good luck!

Sarat

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
In my opinion you should apply for migration because after your mba there is 7 years of gap. You will get offer letter from college but getting rejection during visa process is high..

According to your qualifications and work experience you will get pr with in 4-5 months and you can study there at low cost.