+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of getting a Student visa for a Deported Refugee claiment

gomez2014

Apr 20, 2014
Hi
I went to Canada on a study permit and had to claim refugee status after few months due to an unavoidable reason .While i was in Canada i went to a college and completed a college degree..However,my case was turned down and issued a deportation order after few years.Then i had to return to my home country.during last few years i have been working as an Industrial Electronic Technician.Now i need to go to Canada for further study on my profession and i have been admitted to the same college i attended last time.I have all the required documents and financial sponsorship from my family company.
Is there any chances of getting a student visa again ?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
gomez2014 said:
Hi
I went to Canada on a study permit and had to claim refugee status after few months due to an unavoidable reason .While i was in Canada i went to a college and completed a college degree..However,my case was turned down and issued a deportation order after few years.Then i had to return to my home country.during last few years i have been working as an Industrial Electronic Technician.Now i need to go to Canada for further study on my profession and i have been admitted to the same college i attended last time.I have all the required documents and financial sponsorship from my family company.
Is there any chances of getting a student visa again ?
I estimate your chances to be almost certainly zero. No harm in trying but don't be surprised by a refusal based on your previous historical dealings with CIC.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your chances are pretty much zero. You will also need to go through the ARC (authorization to return to Canada) process in order to return which will cost you additional money (including the cost of the flight to return you home if this was paid by Canada rather than you).