+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chance of getting a visa?

Jan 9, 2018
Hello everyone. I'm looking for help to see my chances of getting a study visa and if I have a good profile.

I am 19 years old sophomore in college. I did my first two years of college in the USA and am transferring to a college in Canada to finish my undergrad degree. I am studying environmental studies and will be beginning my third year at my college in Canada.

I have an associate's degree in environmental science and have work experience in that field.

The total tuition costs are 18,000. I have a loan from the US government for 7,500. (9000 CAD) I have 20,000 CAD in my bank account, so 29,000 CAD total. I also have a letter from my parents saying they are willing to assist me financially.

I will also be living on campus at my university and have gotten a job through the university that begins in the fall that will help pay for living expenses.

IELTS is not required for me because I am from the USA. My grades in college are 4.0/4.0 GPA.

My SOP is strong and I have written about how I am planning on going to graduate school in my home state in the USA. I have also written about how I have accepted an internship through my graduate college to begin after I graduate from University. I have also written about how I have a summer job in my home state that I return to every year.

I have never known anyone who has gotten a visa to move to a different country so this experience is very new to me. I see on this forum that a lot of people get rejected and that is pretty worrying to me. Can someone tell me the strength of my application?