+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certification of documents

Kana Da

Jan 19, 2011
Hi I was wondering about the following:

If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals. So basically, I need to get a certification of the original, then I need to get it translated, and then I need to get the copy certified again? Does not make sense at all. Although reading it carefully, I only need the translation notarized. The question is if I need a certification in order to get a translation.

Would appreciate some sharing of experiences. Although thinking of it, I will only need the birth certificate and my school qualification. My work reference letters are in English anyway, and hopefully all EU countries issue some English translation on their police clearances (local language/ English). Not married, not dead, so hopefully nothing else.

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kana Da said:
Hi I was wondering about the following:

If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals. So basically, I need to get a certification of the original, then I need to get it translated, and then I need to get the copy certified again? Does not make sense at all. Although reading it carefully, I only need the translation notarized. The question is if I need a certification in order to get a translation.

Would appreciate some sharing of experiences. Although thinking of it, I will only need the birth certificate and my school qualification. My work reference letters are in English anyway, and hopefully all EU countries issue some English translation on their police clearances (local language/ English). Not married, not dead, so hopefully nothing else.
Just translate your original documents in English and then notarize the translated copy and send the copy of the original documents along with it. You do not need any certification to get a translation. You will notarize after the translation .

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Classical_beat said:
Just translate your original documents in English and then notarize the translated copy and send the copy of the original documents along with it. You do not need any certification to get a translation. You will notarize after the translation .
That is true but the translation itself has to be made by a certified translator. Not anyone can translate documents is accepted by the CIC. a certified translator should be certified under oath before public notary.

This is called affidavit. IMM EG7 defines it as:"An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document."

Cheers

Mezo

adamvaid

Sep 10, 2010
australia
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney,australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan2010