+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certificate of Qualification

sitaranv

Dec 19, 2016
Hi,
If i have a C.tech (certified technician) or C.E.T (certified engineering technologist) designation certificate, does it qualify under 'certificate of qualification' tab for yes in express entry? I cannot decide on this because the Job I am working is a NOC A level job but i am still eligible to get a C.E.T certificate which is a trades field certificate i think. Now, does it matter the job you are working currently or if you have the certificate , you can still say yes to that. Also if someone can confirm that C.E.T qualifies for express entry.Please let me know
Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
sitaranv said:
If i have a C.tech (certified technician) or C.E.T (certified engineering technologist) designation certificate, does it qualify under 'certificate of qualification' tab for yes in express entry? I cannot decide on this because the Job I am working is a NOC A level job but i am still eligible to get a C.E.T certificate which is a trades field certificate i think. Now, does it matter the job you are working currently or if you have the certificate , you can still say yes to that.

You only say yes to CEQ if you work in a trade (like electrician, plumber, mechanic). Your occupation is not a trade.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/trades/apply-who.asp

Also if someone can confirm that C.E.T qualifies for express entry.Please let me know
You will have to find the NOC for the CEC, and then determine the skill level - levels O, A, and B qualify. (but yes, this occupation is classified as skilled).
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

Having said that, you may actually be in a REGULATED occupation - depending on your NOC and province, you may be required to be certified or licensed for your in-Canada work to be recognized as authorized. So the CET may (or may not) be mandatory anyway for your occupation - but you don't need Canadian credentials yet if you're taking about foreign work experience.

Uzairkhan13

May 14, 2023
Hi,
If i have a C.tech (certified technician) or C.E.T (certified engineering technologist) designation certificate, does it qualify under 'certificate of qualification' tab for yes in express entry? I cannot decide on this because the Job I am working is a NOC A level job but i am still eligible to get a C.E.T certificate which is a trades field certificate i think. Now, does it matter the job you are working currently or if you have the certificate , you can still say yes to that. Also if someone can confirm that C.E.T qualifies for express entry.Please let me know
Thanks
Hi there, did you find the answer for this? I also have a C.Tech Certificate. Is it considered a CERTIFICATE OF QUALIFICATION?