+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certificate of qualification - would I get 50 CRS points?

penthouse99

Apr 12, 2014
  1. My NOC: Construction inspectors (NOC 2264-B)

Wanna know if I am eligible for extra +50 CRS points? For Skill transferability factors Education - Certificate of qualification. I'll be probably invited as CEC or FSW.

I have a "Road Construction Junior Inspector" certificate issued by Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians & Technologists, in Engineering: Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists trade. (listed here https://www.ontario.ca/page/work-your-profession-or-trade)

I am not sure if this +50 point is only given to Federal Skilled TRADE stream or if it's applied to all the other streams like CEC or FSW.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
  1. My NOC: Construction inspectors (NOC 2264-B)

Wanna know if I am eligible for extra +50 CRS points? For Skill transferability factors Education - Certificate of qualification. I'll be probably invited as CEC or FSW.

I have a "Road Construction Junior Inspector" certificate issued by Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians & Technologists, in Engineering: Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists trade. (listed here https://www.ontario.ca/page/work-your-profession-or-trade)

I am not sure if this +50 point is only given to Federal Skilled TRADE stream or if it's applied to all the other streams like CEC or FSW.
Well, if you have a qualification in a skilled trade, you would be eligible for the points. However, the occupation you indicate is not classified as a skilled trade (it is more of a "profession").

The NOC for civil engineering technicians/technologists (corresponding with your qualification) is NOC 2231. The skilled trades recognized by IRCC are:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/skilled-trades.html
  • Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades,
  • Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades,
  • Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production,
  • Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators,
  • Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks, and
  • Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers
Some but not all of these require an apprenticeship - since people who are trained through apprenticeships usually do not have college/university diplomas, they cannot earn points for education, so these 50 points are a way of equalizing points for those who go the trade route.

I'm guessing you already have significant education points....