+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

certificate of qualification from a Canadian province, territory or federal body

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
Hello guys, I was calculating CRS points, I got confused on following statement.

"7) Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province, territory or federal body?

Note: A certificate of qualification lets people work in some skilled trades in Canada. Only the provinces, territories and a federal body can issue these certificates. To get one, a person must have them assess their training, trade experience and skills to and then pass a certification exam.

People usually have to go to the province or territory to be assessed. They may also need experience and training from an employer in Canada.

This isn’t the same as a nomination from a province or territory."

Can anyone suggest me what does it means? I have license of Occupational Therapist issued by Canadian Association of Occupational Therapist (CAOT) does that count as certificate of qualification ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It only applies to skilled trades (plumbers, carpenters, miners, butchers, etc). Your occupation is not a skilled trade.

Reactions: scylla

artk0ch

Jan 28, 2023
Posting on a 2018 post but for EE profile, it is is not a mandatory field. This post was about EE.
Sorry, didn't notice that. Maybe you can suggest me what to do in my situation? As you can see in the link it's required to upload it ( in my BC PNP application form) . Do I need to ignore this or upload some documents with clarification? Thank you in advance