+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certificate of birth and PCC

debasis

Jun 17, 2012
Hi Guys,

I don’t have birth certificate. So planning to get it both (certificate of birth + PCC ) from Consulate General of India Toronto office.

Do you have an idea about validity of document and is it valid document to submiit for immigration PR process?
If anyone had done similar stuff then kindly suggest and what kind of process?

Thanks
D.

adddkd

Jun 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th July 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Documents
Police clearance is available from VFS office. Not sure if PCC is still done at the Consulate General of India (CGI). PCC provided by VFS is valid. Even though the VFS & CGI website say that Birth certificates are done in VFS now, in reality, birth certificates are still issued only by CGI. Birth certificate is more of a confirmation document by the Indian Consulate based on the details provided in the passport, although for some, it has been accepted earlier . Sorry, cannot post links for VFS and CGI per the website rules.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
PCC issued at VFS Office. Do note that it should not be older than 03 months as on the date of filing CEC papers.

Consulate General of India at Toronto does not issue Birth Certificate but instead issues Certificate of Date of Birth which is merely confirming that your passport bears your Date of Birth which is DD/MM/YYYY. It has a long term validity.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Do also note that just producing Certificate of Date of Birth (issued by CGI) may not be enough to evidence your DOB and convince the IM Officer. Affidavit evidencing your DOB is the safest bet.

debasis

Jun 17, 2012
Thanks guys. Unfortunately I had submitted DOB in school time and they did not gave me return back.

So there is no option for me to get Certificate of Birth from CGI/VFS or I need to affidavit birth certificate from my native language to English.

Is it only required by main applicant or spouse/child.

Thanks again for your input and sharing useful information.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
DOB Evidence required for all - applicant and all dependants.
If you do not have DOB Certificate, get a Certificate of DOB from CGI Toronto (which is basically a confirmation of your DOB as noted on your passport) and also attach a DOB affidavit.