+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CENOMAR question

ronona

Mar 15, 2010
I'd like to ask FSW Filipino applicants... is CENOMAR being required from both SINGLE and MARRIED applicants? I heard that CENOMAR is only being required from single applicants and those that have been married and is being sponsored by Canadian citizens or permanent residents. If so, will it be required from both the primary applicant and spouse, or just from the primary applicant.

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ronona said:
I'd like to ask FSW Filipino applicants... is CENOMAR being required from both SINGLE and MARRIED applicants? I heard that CENOMAR is only being required from single applicants and those that have been married and is being sponsored by Canadian citizens or permanent residents. If so, will it be required from both the primary applicant and spouse, or just from the primary applicant.

Thanks!
Yes, both

See: Manila's instructions

IDENTITY AND CIVIL STATUS DOCUMENTS Family Class
1) For the Philippines
The following original documents are required for you (principal applicant, regardless of age) and for each of your dependent children, if applicable:
•Birth Certificate
•Marriage Certificate
•Death Certificate
No record of marriage (CENOMAR) or Advisory on marriages
These documents must be issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) and printed on NSO paper.

IDENTITY AND CIVIL STATUS DOCUMENTS Skilled worker.
•Provide birth certificates, baptismal certificates or other official document confirming relationship (including all pages of Household Registries) for you and each of your family members. In all cases, you must provide a Certificate of No Record of Previous Marriage.

PMM

mkp

Oct 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The CENOMAR is a question that is being asked at the time of immigration application. It is related to the marital status of the applicant on whether the applicant is having any dependents including children. The marital status is a very important criterion that should be definitely checked under the visa laws because at a later stage it can create grave issues. Applicants can come from any country where there may be no rules for the number of marriages.

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
CENOMAR is required even for married applicants, it just shows the marriage/s recorded under your name. If there is only one, then it proves that you've only been married once. If you are widowed it will show the previous marriage as well as the present one. if you are single, it proves that you are one indeed.