+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP test score validity: How is the 2-year period calculated?

wjkong23

Jul 25, 2024
Hi everyone, I took CELPIP on August 20th, 2022 and the result came out on Nov 5th, 2022. I've seen mixed information on what the two-year validity means on the internet.

The IRCC says:
Your test results must be valid (less than 2 years old) when you:
  • complete your Express Entry profile
  • apply for permanent residence
The Express Entry profile is valid for 12 months. Make sure that your language test results are valid for the same time period.

1. How is the 2-year test score validity period calculated? Is it 2 years from the test date or the issuance date?

2. If I've created an EE profile on August 1st, 2024, and if my CELPIP test result expires on August 20th, 2024, does that mean I don't need to take CELPIP as long as where my EE profile is valid for the next 12 months?

Would really appreciate your help!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone, I took CELPIP on August 20th, 2022 and the result came out on Nov 5th, 2022. I've seen mixed information on what the two-year validity means on the internet.

The IRCC says:
Your test results must be valid (less than 2 years old) when you:
  • complete your Express Entry profile
  • apply for permanent residence
The Express Entry profile is valid for 12 months. Make sure that your language test results are valid for the same time period.

1. How is the 2-year test score validity period calculated? Is it 2 years from the test date or the issuance date?

2. If I've created an EE profile on August 1st, 2024, and if my CELPIP test result expires on August 20th, 2024, does that mean I don't need to take CELPIP as long as where my EE profile is valid for the next 12 months?

Would really appreciate your help!
1. Test date
2. If it expires on August 20 then it expires on that date. Having a profile doesn’t make it valid. So retake the test.

Reactions: wjkong23