+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP Re-evaluation - odds of success?

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Has anyone requested a CELPIP re-evaluation before, and if so, did you have any success? I'm a native English speaker and was surprised to score only a 9 on the writing portion (I scored 12 on the other 3 components). While 1 point isn't a whole lot, I'm going to be right on the edge as far as EE scoring, so every point counts. I'm wondering what the odds are if I pay for a re-scoring that it will go up 1 point.

Also, what happens if I pay for a re-scoring and they decide it's actually lower (is that a possibility?). On a related note, what happens if I re-take the test and score lower on a component?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Did you prepared for the test to ensure you understood the scoring structure? Did you review sample answers? Did you take several practice tests where you scored higher than you did in the actual test? If so, it may be worth it to ask for the exam to be reassessed. If not - I wouldn't bother. One error than many native English speakers make is to assume they don't have to study for the language tests or complete any practice exams before the actual test date. It's actually very important to prepare if you want full marks.

Yes - you can certainly re-write. If you obtain a lower score next time, you can use your score from this round instead.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is exactly why I did not go for a re-evaluation. My fear that not only would they look at the areas I ask to be re-evaluated, but also the areas where I have high scores and potentially mark me down for them.

If you re-take I imagine you have the option as to which set of results you want to report on your EE profile.

PS - Congratulations on your fantastic test scores by the way. Wish I could say the same for myself.

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
scylla said:
Did you prepared for the test to ensure you understood the scoring structure? Did you review sample answers? Did you take several practice tests where you scored higher than you did in the actual test? If so, it may be worth it to ask for the exam to be reassessed. If not - I wouldn't bother. One error than many native English speakers make is to assume they don't have to study for the language tests or complete any practice exams before the actual test date. It's actually very important to prepare if you want full marks.

Yes - you can certainly re-write. If you obtain a lower score next time, you can use your score from this round instead.
I did not - honestly that's kinda what I figured. Can I mix and match scores from different test rounds (suppose I only score a 9 on listening next time, but score 11 on writing - can I submit my listening score from the new test, but my listening score from the old test?)

JoacRy said:
This is exactly why I did not go for a re-evaluation. My fear that not only would they look at the areas I ask to be re-evaluated, but also the areas where I have high scores and potentially mark me down for them.

If you re-take I imagine you have the option as to which set of results you want to report on your EE profile.

PS - Congratulations on your fantastic test scores by the way. Wish I could say the same for myself.
You can request that only certain areas be re-scored. Thanks for the congrats.

abt81

May 11, 2015
I took the CELPIP a few weeks ago and these were my scores:
Reading - 12
Listening - 12
Speaking - 9
Writing - 9

I decided to get my speaking and writing sections re-evaluated (you can choose the sections you want to be re-evaluated) in the hope of getting max points on EE. It is 55 CAD per section (before taxes). Twenty days later my scores, on re-evaluation, were updated to 10 for writing and 11 for speaking. This also means that I get a full refund of my reevaluation costs.

Andy.cic

Oct 26, 2015
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 1, 2015
Doc's Request.
NOV 24, 2015 IMM5669 A requested
AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
My intial celpip score were

L 11
R 12
W 8
S 8

I appeared for second time

L 12
R 12
W 8
S 8

Sent for re-eval for W and S

L 12
R 12
W 9
S 8

My writing score increased by 1 point that made my crs score from 442 to 450 and got an ita on oct 2.

Andy

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
I submitted my writing for a re-score - I'll report back if mine also goes up. I'm not expecting a 12, but was pretty surprised to only get a 9, so we'll see if it goes up to 10

cristian240

Oct 21, 2015
I went from an 8 to a 10 in the writing section after my re-evaluation. I was surprised because I ran out of time during the test and didn't do as well as I could have. They also did it a lot faster than the anticipated 6 weeks 8)

Reactions: ines.mech

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
TheMaze said:
Can I mix and match scores from different test rounds (suppose I only score a 9 on listening next time, but score 11 on writing - can I submit my listening score from the new test, but my listening score from the old test?)
No - you most certainly can't mix scores. It's a test.

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
FYI, my re-score results came back (so far at least I've gotten no notification, but it changed on the web page) and I now have a 10 (up from 9) on writing. That was the only section I requested a re-score on. It seems that most people that have requested re-scores have gotten bumped, so it's worth considering for others in the future.

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Apparently they do send you a confirmation email when the re-score is complete - I got it minutes after posting this

Yogivrun

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
hi...
thank you all of you..
i got my updated result after re-evaluation....
i got
w7
r9
s10
l10

try for re-evaluation .... ;D

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Yogivrun said:
hi...
thank you all of you..
i got my updated result after re-evaluation....
i got
w7
r9
s10
l10

try for re-evaluation .... ;D
Hi there
Congratulations!

can I ask you what your original score was?

Thanks

nonnemacher

Aug 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I retook CELPIP after one year and even though I improved my speaking (from 7 to 8 ) I still cant see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Just requested a revaluation for Speaking and Reading (scored 8 on both of them) and I hope I can bump my score to 9. Im happy that I found this thread here where people got their scores increased.

Has anybody else requested a revaluation lately?

My score

L 9
R 12
W 8
S 8

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
what happens if I pay for a Celpip re-evaluation and they decided to reduce the actual score? Does that typically happen? I am assuming either the scores will be increased or it will remain the same. My current scores are
L10
R8
W7
S7

I am planning to go for re-evaluation Writing and Speaking but at the same time don't want to loose score it would be stupid if it happens. Please help if anyone had any such experience, should I go for re-evaluation?