Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
I've read recently that some people in this friendly environment started fighting about the value of applicants with different backgrounds. I really think that we are here to help each other and our desperate situation about cut-off scores is not a reason for forgetting about this. Let's talk about positive things, about situations, background stories, and showing what value we can bring to this crazy cold/hot country. ;D

My opinions:

CEC/Internationals/TFW:

Anybody who has found a way to Canada and survived years (University program, worked as a skilled worker, payed taxes etc...) has shown that he/she is able to adapt to the culture/country/language etc... Before Express Entry FSW program was not a real option because of the caps (ca. 300/year in one occupation). Many people came as students in order to get PGWP and beeing able to meet CEC requirements. An avarage university program for internationals is about 15-20000 CAD/year, so it's a huge investment. All these things together are really good reasons for getting more CRS points. All these Visas are going to expire and anybody can imagine how it feels going home and losing everything in Canada and not having anything in your home country yet.

FSW: It's great that Canada opens for these people, because everybody has to know, that education in Western Countries is not always as high as they like to think. In a lot of other countries requirements are so high, that foreign skilled work is something that has to be respected and valued. It's unfortunate, that everybody has to compete in the same pool, but EE it's still much better than FSW has been before. I really think that diversity and beeing open minded are the things that will make this world to a better place. However, imagining the life in Canada, and starting living here is really different. Lot of challanges, adaptation, patience...

I honestly wish good luck to everybody... Share your thoughts! :)

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
neorol said:
I've read recently that some people in this friendly environment started fighting about the value of applicants with different backgrounds. I really think that we are here to help each other and our desperate situation about cut-off scores is not a reason for forgetting about this. Let's talk about positive things, about situations, background stories, and showing what value we can bring to this crazy cold/hot country. ;D
You're right - I think everyone's nerves are just frayed that's all (there's a classic film with Michael Douglas where he just loses his s**t in a hot traffic jam one day and goes on the rampage - quote "As he makes his way through the urban landscape, William's frustration and bitterness become more evident, resulting in violent encounters with various people....")

neorol said:
Anybody who has found a way to Canada and survived years (University program, worked as a skilled worker, payed taxes etc...) has shown that he/she is able to adapt to the culture/country/language etc... Before Express Entry FSW program was not a real option because of the caps (ca. 300/year in one occupation). Many people came as students in order to get PGWP and beeing able to meet CEC requirements. An avarage university program for internationals is about 15-20000 CAD/year, so it's a huge investment. All these things together are really good reasons for getting more CRS points. All these Visas are going to expire and anybody can imagine how it feels going home and losing everything in Canada and not having anything in your home country yet.
It's a pity they don't honour the visa/PR conditions that were in place when a person was granted the visa (for all categories) - would be a disaster of course to sort out immigration targets, but we'd be happy :)