+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC then Spousal Sponsorship

sarahelf

Jan 27, 2015
Hi all,

I am in a bit of a predicament, mainly because I am unsure which route to take when applying for PR. I am currently an administrative assistant at a recruitment agency. My duties mainly revolve around prescreening applicants, doing reference checks, maintaining stationary in the office, maintaining office function and supplies as well as processing much of the paperwork that the recruiters use on a daily basis. Therefore, my job description seems to be classified under NOC 1241 as a "human resource secretary". However, I understand that NOC 1241 is an extremely competitive code number and am doubtful that I will be accepted for that reason.

My other option is to apply for PR with my boyfriend. I have known him for 4 years, been in a relationship for almost two years, lived with him since September 2014, and will be common law on 1st September 2015. The only problem there is that my IEC Visa expires on 5th September 2015. So my question is this:

- Will it affect my PR application if I applied to CEC and was refused and then I applied for PR Spousal Sponsorship because it may look like I am just looking to stay in Canada?
- Do you think I have a good chance of success if I apply under NOC 1241?
- I am just trying to judge which route to take and am so confused! ???

If anyone can give me any advice that would be much appreciated.

Thank-you!! :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - a refusal of a CEC application won't affect a spousal application. Note that you can no longer apply for CEC directly - you must apply through express entry first.

You should post the rest of your questions either to the Express Entry or CEC section of the forum.