+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC PR Application Rejected for Being Incomplete - Please Help

endlesstechno

Oct 11, 2019
Hello,

I really need some urgent help.

I submitted my application under CEC on October 19th and received my AOR the same day.
I applied for my BOWP on October 21st.
My current Work Permit expired October 27th.

Today, November 15th, I got a letter saying my Application had been rejected as the Australian National Police Certificate I provided with my application was not acceptable. They also included a link (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration- refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html) on how to obtain the correct certificate.

This is the exact link I followed to obtain the certificate.

The website states I need a 'Australian National Police Certificate - Standard Disclosure - Name Check Only', this is the exact document I provided.

I immediately called IRCC (18882422100) and was informed that my certificate was rejected as I did not provide traffic/driving history.

As stipulated on the website above, this is only required if you live or have lived in Queensland or Victoria, which I have not, and have no mention of living in either in my Residential History or any documents for that matter - see below for excerpt from the website.

'Special considerations
Queensland

If you live or have lived in Queensland, you must submit a traffic history with your police certificate that goes back to your 18th birthday or the day on which your first Australian driver’s licence was issued. You can apply online through Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads.

Victoria

If you live or have lived in Victoria, you must submit a full licence history search with your police certificate that goes back to your 18th birthday or the day on which your first Australian driver’s licence was issued. You can apply online through VicRoads.

Note: if you’re not able to provide a traffic history or a full licence history search, you must provide a letter issued by the Queensland and/or Victoria roads authority with your police certificate to confirm that you’ve never held a driver’s licence in that state.
'

I explained this to the agent over the phone, who then instructed me to fill out a web form to explain my case (she sent me a link).

I have done so, and have also attached a PDF of a) my Australian National Police Certificate, b) a copy of my South Australian Driver's License (which includes my License Number), c) a copy of my South Australian Driver's License Report (which includes my License Number), d) a copy of my British Columbia Driving Record Search (which includes my Australian Driver's License Number used to obtain my BC Driver's License), and e) a screenshot of the website mentioned above stating the additional requirement of traffic/driving history 'if you live or have lived in Queensland/Victoria'.

My question is, has anyone else had their application rejected/cancelled incorrectly? And if so, did they reinstate your application or did you have to complete a whole new application with an updated Letter of Explanation?

Note: Although I received a letter stating my application was rejected, my application is still 'under review'. The agent on the phone said this was likely because it had not updated on my end but on their end, it had been rejected. Any hope here?

tl;dr

PR Submitted: Oct 19
AOR Received: Oct 19
BWOP Submitted: Oct 21
Current WP Expired: Oct 27
PR Application Rejected INCORRECTLY: Nov 15
Supplementary Information Provided: Nov 15

Any hope of my application being reinstated as it was incorrectly rejected?

Please help.

Thank you in advance x.

Last edited:
Reactions: e-16 and s5773377

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
My question is, has anyone else had their application rejected/cancelled incorrectly? And if so, did they reinstate your application or did you have to complete a whole new application with an updated Letter of Explanation?

Yes, unfortunately, it occasionally happens. Given the stakes for you, this is a massive blunder on their end, and it should be correctable. In practice, I can´t remember a time when a rejection was put back into process. Not saying it can´t happen, only that most rejections are the applicants´own fault, so there´s just not a lot to go on.

endlesstechno

Oct 11, 2019
Thank you for your response.

In this case, it is clearly not my fault and I’ve provided a lot of supplementary evidence so is there any hope?

Additionally, my application was cancelled only today (3 days after receiving the letter) and consequently I’m only now able to reapply for Express Entry.

Should I apply asap? My work permit has technically expired. I submitted a Bridging Open Work Permit application in addition to my previous PR Application which hasn’t been cancelled (yet).

Should I reapply for EE immediately so as to not waste any more time? AND attempt to acquire the paperwork I don’t actually need?

Any insight is most appreciated, I’m kind of lost on what to do next </3.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thank you for your response.

In this case, it is clearly not my fault and I’ve provided a lot of supplementary evidence so is there any hope?

Additionally, my application was cancelled only today (3 days after receiving the letter) and consequently I’m only now able to reapply for Express Entry.

Should I apply asap? My work permit has technically expired. I submitted a Bridging Open Work Permit application in addition to my previous PR Application which hasn’t been cancelled (yet).

Should I reapply for EE immediately so as to not waste any more time? AND attempt to acquire the paperwork I don’t actually need?

Any insight is most appreciated, I’m kind of lost on what to do next </3.
Go ahead and get a new profile submitted, but if you want to continue working in Canada while your PR application is in process, you need to either go see your MP, or hire a lawyer, or both, to try to reverse the rejection.

Because if you submit a new PR application, you will not be eligible to apply for the BOWP. I have heard of cases of people who resubmit before their previous BOWP application is refused and get the BOWP approved, but that is counter to the rules, most likely an error (or misinformation), and you can´t count on that happening for you.

Reactions: shaizeik and e-16

VIVICLEO

Feb 2, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
1- Nov-2019
AOR Received.
15-Nov-2019
Med's Done....
19-sept-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2020
So Sorry to hear you also went through this. My initial ITA was Sept 18th, AOR & BOWP was Sept 23rd. My application was canceled on October 19th due to incomplete application (Missed my Daughters Passport). I cried out my eyes. My WP was expiring Oct 28th, so I quickly applied for a Study Permit first not to even go into no status and went back into the pool.
Then I went to meet my MP and with all delays and everything I had to back into the pool. I for another ITA Nov 13th, AOR Nov 15th.
My advice, go back into the pool as soon as possible and still wait for another invite. They don’t just reinstate applications like that, takes longer and instead of waiting for all the processes it’s best you get another invite.

I also used web form and sent a New AOR for my BOWP. Attached a letter of explanation and fingers crossed.
I am literally tired of the whole PR process and if it even comes finally i might not be so happy about it because it caused me a lot.

wish you the best

Reactions: shaizeik