+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC maternity issues

Chenkai

Oct 15, 2018
Dear friends,

After AOR, October. I found myself pregnant. Should I add more information to CIC but I think the baby will be born after the final decision will be made. Now, I am still working in a insurable company as a part time. Can I apply for the maternity benefits? Will that influence my Canadian residency application? Thank you so much for taking your time to answer my question. Merry Christmas in advance!

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
Dear friends,

After AOR, October. I found myself pregnant. Should I add more information to CIC but I think the baby will be born after the final decision will be made. Now, I am still working in a insurable company as a part time. Can I apply for the maternity benefits? Will that influence my Canadian residency application? Thank you so much for taking your time to answer my question. Merry Christmas in advance!
You seem to be in Canada, no need to add anything. If the case is not finalized by the time the baby is born, you could just let them know, it won't really change anything as the baby will become Canadian.

You can apply for benefits if you have enough hours, you should check how many hours you worked and how many is required (can't remember now). No, it won't influence your application.

Congrats with the baby!

alessio2110

Star Member
May 19, 2018
Dear friends,

Hi. Could you please advise what you ended up doing and the outcome? Thanks.