+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - ITA

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
For applying PR under Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is it mandatory that we should complete 365 days inland and only then accept ITA or can we accept ITA after meeting the Minimum Entry Criteria at the 11th month and submit all the docs post 365 days ?

Getting mixed feedback that its safe to accept ITA and few say its better to accept after 365 days.. Any help is much appreciated

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

the invitation to apply (ITA) was issued; or
the e-APR was received by IRCC

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
For applying PR under Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is it mandatory that we should complete 365 days inland and only then accept ITA or can we accept ITA after meeting the Minimum Entry Criteria at the 11th month and submit all the docs post 365 days ?

Getting mixed feedback that its safe to accept ITA and few say its better to accept after 365 days.. Any help is much appreciated

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

the invitation to apply (ITA) was issued; or
the e-APR was received by IRCC
General Expectation is that the employment reference letter(CEC letter from Employer) you submit should show that you were legally employed in Canada for a period of atleast 52 weeks. IRCC officers will determine MEC based on this information - Hence you need to align your e-APR submission accordingly. Any shortage noted per your letter may likely lead to rejection.

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
General Expectation is that the employment reference letter(CEC letter from Employer) you submit should show that you were legally employed in Canada for a period of atleast 52 weeks. IRCC officers will determine MEC based on this information - Hence you need to align your e-APR submission accordingly. Any shortage noted per your letter may likely lead to rejection.
Thanks Arun. There should not be any issues with producing the required documents.
Dilemma was whether to accept ITA at 11 months and submit all the docs post 365 days since the system allocates 1 year points at 11th month itself.

Reactions: Miracle2018

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
Thanks Arun. There should not be any issues with producing the required documents.
Dilemma was whether to accept ITA at 11 months and submit all the docs post 365 days since the system allocates 1 year points at 11th month itself.
Thats correct. Good Luck!

Vipeanesammurasila

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
I am on the same boat, Got ITA today. Joined work in Canada on June 17,2019. As of today, I meet the criteria of 30/hr for 52 weeks . Im confused as to accept the ITA or wait till next draw.

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
I am on the same boat, Got ITA today. Joined work in Canada on June 17,2019. As of today, I meet the criteria of 30/hr for 52 weeks . Im confused as to accept the ITA or wait till next draw.
I also got invite today. I think we can accept ITA and submit the docs post 365 days.

Vipeanesammurasila

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
I also got invite today. I think we can accept ITA and submit the docs post 365 days.
I am getting mixed messages from this forum. People say to apply if you are in your 2nd year completion, and 1st year completion should meet MEC. Should we contact any immigration lawyers for Second opinion ?

Reactions: Miracle2018

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
I am getting mixed messages from this forum. People say to apply if you are in your 2nd year completion, and 1st year completion should meet MEC. Should we contact any immigration lawyers for Second opinion ?
General consensus to be on safer side ACCEPT ITA post 365 days inland
But if there are concerns on expiry of IETLS or profile or chances of not meeting MEC in next draw then its upto the candidate to take the call and accept ITA at 11th month but to be sure to SUBMIT all the docs post 365 days. Not sure if any one has ever got rejected in this scenario.

Vipeanesammurasila

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
But if there are concerns on expiry of IETLS or profile or chances of not meeting MEC in next draw then its upto the candidate to take the call and accept ITA at 11th month but to be sure to SUBMIT all the docs post 365 days. Not sure if any one has ever got rejected in this scenario.
Yes only concern is about the next draw. no one knows what will happen !

Vipeanesammurasila

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
What are you planning to do?

cck1986

May 8, 2020
what is your score?
Please keep in mind you will get ITA in every draw and you are going to decline which means someone is loosing a chance..i have seen many of my colleagues got PR and their case is same like you.. But they have submitted docs after completing 365 days..anyways your decision

Best of luck

Reactions: Z86