+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Flight instructor

Glenville

Aug 13, 2011
Hello all....I just want to know if after doing two years of flight training up to the flight instructor level from a flight training school, would I be eligable to apply for PR under the CEC or apply for Post-grad from such an institution and/or with work experience?

Also an observation I saw under the CIC Foreign Worker (FW 1) is that a student pilot who has completed or in the process of completing the flight instructor rating is alowed to work for a period of 6 months afterwhich it is renewable subject to a LMO assesment. Is it possible for me to apply as a foreign worker instead given I have the appropriate working hours or years if my school does not happen to be an eligable institution?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I don't really understand what you're asking. -school is not work and work is not school, they do not substitute for one another.

CEC requires:
1) Skilled worker stream: 2 Years of full-time work experience. or the equivalent in part time work.
2) Post-graduate program - 2 years of post-secondary education, earn degree or diploma, PLUS 1 year of full-time work experience (or equivalent).

See eligibility requirements for all programs here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp