+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Express Entry

vinododesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Hi there,

I already applied PR under the CEC rules express entry with my spouse. My spouse is a main applicant. Me and my spouse work permit going to expire in one month.

Can we apply work permit extension while the processing PR ?

Can we get Work permit extension?

because my lawer telling that you can not apply work permit extension, you only apply visitor visa. That is correct ?

Thanks

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
If you got your AOR, you can definitely apply for BOWP. You will get it only after the completeness check stage is done. But you will be on the maintained status until then.

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
Go ahead, don't lose your time and your status. Besides you don't need any visa to stay in Canada. TRV is required to enter Canada, not to stay.

vinododesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Go ahead, don't lose your time and your status. Besides you don't need any visa to stay in Canada. TRV is required to enter Canada, not to stay.
Thanks buddy. Today I am going tell to my lawer. I don’t know that why he is telling that you can not apply work permit extension, you can only apply visitor visa.

Reactions: CanGoldDigger

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
Thanks buddy. Today I am going tell to my lawer. I don’t know that why he is telling that you can not apply work permit extension, you can only apply visitor visa.
Sure, just be careful not to lose your time. And let me know what are the lawyer's arguments to apply for visitor visa and not for the WP extension.

Jhanshi

Feb 17, 2021
Hi Friend,
Need urgent help and advice on my situation below.
I
I got my ITA on July 4, 2024, under the CEC Trade Draw for my Welding Machine Operator work. My PGWP expired on March 1, 2024. I applied for a Visitor Record to maintain my stay in Canada, which got approval. From March to till now I have not done any work in Canada.
My questions are,
1. Do I need to show funds in my bank account ($14760) since I am not working, so I cannot show any payslips after March 1st, 2024, and I don't have a valid work permit also. ( But I have visitor record)
2. In case, If I need to show my bank account, I have to borrow it from my friends. Does this create any issue when I submit my document in the PR portal?
3. Is a certificate mandatory for a Welding machine operator job?
Please guide me guys with valid advice.

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
Hi Friend,
Need urgent help and advice on my situation below.
I
I got my ITA on July 4, 2024, under the CEC Trade Draw for my Welding Machine Operator work. My PGWP expired on March 1, 2024. I applied for a Visitor Record to maintain my stay in Canada, which got approval. From March to till now I have not done any work in Canada.
My questions are,
1. Do I need to show funds in my bank account ($14760) since I am not working, so I cannot show any payslips after March 1st, 2024, and I don't have a valid work permit also. ( But I have visitor record)
2. In case, If I need to show my bank account, I have to borrow it from my friends. Does this create any issue when I submit my document in the PR portal?
3. Is a certificate mandatory for a Welding machine operator job?
Please guide me guys with valid advice.
1. You don't.
2. n/a
3. You need to check and verify it yourself.