+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Category Queries

Agarwal

Mar 16, 2011
Hi Guys,

I would like to get some help with queries related to applying Permanent Residency under Canadian Experience Class category. Originally, I have started Working in Canada on work permit valid from Feb 23, 2009 - Feb 22, 2011. I joined Canadian office on Feb 24, 2011. I applied for a Work Permit Extension with same employer earlier this year on February 8, 2011, and it would get processed within 120 Days (May 8, 2011 in my case) and hence I am on implied status in Canada. At present, I may have plans to leave Canada by April, 2011 end.

Here are below mentioned queries:

(A) Would my Work Experience gained under Implied Status be counted under Canadian Experience Class Category. I am completing my 2 years (minus) 2 days of work experience on valid work permit papers and rest (2 Days) on implied status. Am I eligible to apply under CEC category with this work experience before receiving an extension for Work Permit. I have got close to 25 months of work experience in Canada include a month worked on implied status as of date. Is there any additional proof required to show 2 years of work experience apart from two years of Income Tax Notice of Assessment and Work Experience Letter from company.

(B) Is there a condition, that worker should have stayed all Work Days (2 years) in Canada. I have been to India twice last year for a total period of 2-3 months, but was working from offshore office as Canadian Employee and getting paid under Canadian Payroll.

(C) If I leave Canada before getting Work Permit Extension, and would like to apply for immigration under Canadian Experience Class category, Can I show the required Proof of Funds statement (which is close to CAD 12,000 for single person) from Canadian Bank or do I have to necessarily get Indian bank statement.

(D) Would my Bachelor's degree detailed mark sheets (semester wise) work in place of Transcripts. Our Univ/College didn't provided any transcripts.

(E) Can I submit my Medical Certificate along with PR application.

Thank you all in advance.

Regards
Varun Agarwal
Email Address: agarwal.varun @ hotmail.com

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Agarwal said:
(A) Would my Work Experience gained under Implied Status be counted under Canadian Experience Class Category.

Yes

I am completing my 2 years (minus) 2 days of work experience on valid work permit papers and rest (2 Days) on implied status. Am I eligible to apply under CEC category with this work experience before receiving an extension for Work Permit.

I think, technically, Yes, but better to wait for the new work permti.

I have got close to 25 months of work experience in Canada include a month worked on implied status as of date.

Is there any additional proof required to show 2 years of work experience apart from two years of Income Tax Notice of Assessment and Work Experience Letter from company.

See the check list, you need a copy of your most recent Notice of Assessment and T4. (and Letter of course).

(B) Is there a condition, that worker should have stayed all Work Days (2 years) in Canada. I have been to India twice last year for a total period of 2-3 months, but was working from offshore office as Canadian Employee and getting paid under Canadian Payroll.

I think that's OK...

(C) If I leave Canada before getting Work Permit Extension, and would like to apply for immigration under Canadian Experience Class category, Can I show the required Proof of Funds statement (which is close to CAD 12,000 for single person) from Canadian Bank or do I have to necessarily get Indian bank statement.

POF not required for CEC.

(D) Would my Bachelor's degree detailed mark sheets (semester wise) work in place of Transcripts. Our Univ/College didn't provided any transcripts.

"Didn't," as in the past, may yaers ago? They are not simply "given", you have to request them. Try again.

(E) Can I submit my Medical Certificate along with PR application.

No.

PA_TFW

Feb 18, 2011
I am Priyunk Agarwal.
I also have 4 years of canadian work exp and i am on a WP. (WP expiring in Jun 2011)
I also wish to apply for the PR when i go back to India in a month's time.
CIC website says that one can apply for PR within 1 year of going out of Canada.
i also understand that the CEC immigration application will be submitted to New Delhi CHC.

Will the application be sent to Buffalo eventually by CHC New Delhi ? If yes what is the total processing time for CEC application current;y in india?

Senior memebers...plz advice?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
PA_TFW said:
I am Priyunk Agarwal.
I also have 4 years of canadian work exp and i am on a WP. (WP expiring in Jun 2011)
I also wish to apply for the PR when i go back to India in a month's time.
CIC website says that one can apply for PR within 1 year of going out of Canada.
i also understand that the CEC immigration application will be submitted to New Delhi CHC.

Yes -

Will the application be sent to Buffalo eventually by CHC New Delhi ?

Yes, according to current guidelines.

If yes what is the total processing time for CEC application current;y in india?

No idea. But based on processing times of FSW applicants, it's probably faster than submitting directly to Buffalo :)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

Shows 10 months at Buffalo. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-ec.asp
PMM is right. New Dehli will send it to Buffalo for processing anyway so the processing times are the same for ALL CEC applications.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
A) We all know that the 10 month processing times are for applicants who were approved from Jan-July 2010 (applied in 2009), and that those times cannot be used to predict the future. The are not processing standards, they are only statistical data on applications from the past.

B) Right now, it is taking 5-6 months for the AOR alone, for applicants who submit to Buffalo.

C) The only applicant I know of who submitted overseas to London (December 2010), got his AOR when the application was transferred to Buffalo in January - it took 1 month, it is in process. Compare that to the poor applicants who submitted to Buffalo - October 2010 applicants are just now getting their AORs in March...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jes_ON said:
A) We all know that the 10 month processing times are for applicants who were approved from Jan-July 2010 (applied in 2009), and that those times cannot be used to predict the future. The are not processing standards, they are only statistical data on applications from the past.

B) Right now, it is taking 5-6 months for the AOR alone, for applicants who submit to Buffalo.

C) The only applicant I know of who submitted overseas to London (December 2010), got his AOR when the application was transferred to Buffalo in January - it took 1 month, it is in process. Compare that to the poor applicants who submitted to Buffalo - October 2010 applicants are just now getting their AORs in March...
Here are the processing times for the past 12 months for CEC applications at Buffalo in Months. As of April 2010.

20% 30% 50% 70% 80%
Canadian Experience Class 85% 3,770 Canadian Experience Class 5 5 6 7 8 2,945

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
PMM said:
Hi

Here are the processing times for the past 12 months for CEC applications at Buffalo in Months. As of April 2010.

20% 30% 50% 70% 80%
Canadian Experience Class 85% 3,770 Canadian Experience Class 5 5 6 7 8 2,945
OK, but I still don't know what use these historical data are for current applicants. If this is "as of April 2010," then all of these applicants applied in 2009; conditions have changed.

You can see more current trends on Trackitt.

This is just a small sample, but for applicants approved since January 2011, the average processing time was 371 days, or 12.3 months.

Although this is more current, this still doesn't tell anyone who is applying today how long it will take for their application to be processed. The past does not predict the future. Since I've applied, I've seen processing times go from 6 months to 8 months to 10 months... If there is a reliable trend at all, it is that processing times are increasing...

It is equally possible that someone who applies today will experience faster processing times than someone who applied in 2010...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ahujahps said:
jes_on
what does it mean by 85% 3770 & 70% 2945? please..
It means that, for that time period,
85% of applications were finalized within 10 months (number of applications, 3770)
80% were finalized within 8 months
70% within 7 months
50% within 6 months
30% within 5 months
20% within 5 months