+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC (Canadian Experience Class) stream-PNP

coolrc_04

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
For CEC (Canadian Experience Class) stream, can I count my work experience gained after graduation but before acquiring PGWP (Post Graduation Work Permit?

I graduated in April and started working from May, however I got my PGWP in September. So for CEC’s one year work experience requirement, can I count those 4 months of work experience gained before PGWP approval?

Thanks

Explorers

Star Member
Nov 17, 2015
You start counting time after you applied for PGWP (not after you received it), it's called implied status.

Explorers

Star Member
Nov 17, 2015
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/cec/work.asp

There are cases here that did get points for the implied status. The thing is you should write a letter of explanation and tell the officer to count the time on implied status.

cnfb

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Dec 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
Mar 08, 2016
Nomination.....
Mar 29, 2016
AOR Received.
Filled May 20, 2016 Received Aug 22, 2016
Med's Request
June 8th, 2017
Med's Done....
June 15th, 2017
Passport Req..
Dec 8th, 2017
LANDED..........
inland
"Note: Work experience acquired while under implied status will be considered as eligible work experience under the CEC, provided the applicant continued to work in Canada under the same conditions as their original work permit until a decision was made on their application for a work permit extension."

Be careful to not get in trouble, If you only got your PGWP in September and you were holding a student visa that means that your implied status was student and you can only work part time, also experience acquired student permit does not count.

unsvn.it

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NSVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-03-2016 (DM: 16-03-2016)
I don't know if work experience between CEC and MPNP (6-month work experience required for MPNP) is counted on the same basis or not. My friend is working full-time after her graduation (while waiting for PGWP). She emailed officer from PNP program and below is response from the officer:

"You may count your 6 months work experience from the day you started working full-time provided you already completed all the requirements in your course and is just waiting for your pgwp."

A student permit holder is allowed to work 20 hours during her studies and full-time during break. Having said that, you are eligible to work full-time after graduation while waiting for PGWP.

Again, I'm unsure about difference in work experience requirement between CEC and MPNP. But I hope to share some info I know for your reference.

cnfb

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Dec 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
Mar 08, 2016
Nomination.....
Mar 29, 2016
AOR Received.
Filled May 20, 2016 Received Aug 22, 2016
Med's Request
June 8th, 2017
Med's Done....
June 15th, 2017
Passport Req..
Dec 8th, 2017
LANDED..........
inland
unsvn.it said:
I don't know if work experience between CEC and MPNP (6-month work experience required for MPNP) is counted on the same basis or not. My friend is working full-time after her graduation (while waiting for PGWP). She emailed officer from PNP program and below is response from the officer:

"You may count your 6 months work experience from the day you started working full-time provided you already completed all the requirements in your course and is just waiting for your pgwp."

A student permit holder is allowed to work 20 hours during her studies and full-time during break. Having said that, you are eligible to work full-time after graduation while waiting for PGWP.

Again, I'm unsure about difference in work experience requirement between CEC and MPNP. But I hope to share some info I know for your reference.
That's confusing... Once I called and the officer told me that breaks means between terms, but if you finished school you no longer a full time student.

I would double check that just to be sure!