+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Application sent in Dec 2010

treasure73us

Mar 15, 2011
Hi Friends,

I have filed my CEC application on 12th Dec 2010 ( this is the date when it was received at CIO ) . I have not received any communication from Buffalo office on my application status ( it is almost 3 months since the time ), I am not sure how to follow up and where to follow up on the status on my application.

Request for some advice and help

flag2009

Star Member
Aug 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
12-05-2011
Passport Req..
03-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-09-2011
it now takes an average of 5 months to get your number from Buffalo, so yours should be coming middle of MAY. There is NO need to contact them unless it doesn't arrive by may/june.

treasure73us

Mar 15, 2011
Hi

Thanks so much for your inputs. So if I understand correctly it will be, by May'11 , that I will get my 1st Acknowledgement. (AOR)

My worry is that , I may leave Canada by that time as my WP is getting Expired. But does that mean , If I leave Canada before AOR is received my application will be null and void ? Or Can I give some other countries address upon receipt of AOR and all the future communication will be sent to that address?

(Currently I have given my Friends address for correspondance. So that when I leave Canada the correspoandance can be received for initial file no.)

Could you please help on above query as well ?

treasure73us

Mar 15, 2011
[
flag2009 said:
it now takes an average of 5 months to get your number from Buffalo, so yours should be coming middle of MAY. There is NO need to contact them unless it doesn't arrive by may/june.
Hi

Thanks so much for your inputs. So if I understand correctly it will be, by May'11 , that I will get my 1st Acknowledgement. (AOR)

My worry is that , I may leave Canada by that time as my WP is getting Expired. But does that mean , If I leave Canada before AOR is received my application will be null and void ? Or Can I give some other countries address upon receipt of AOR and all the future communication will be sent to that address?

(Currently I have given my Friends address for correspondance. So that when I leave Canada the correspoandance can be received for initial file no.)

[/quote]

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
treasure73us said:
Hi

No, if you leave Canada before receiving your AOR, it will not be null and void. You friend can forward you the correspondence. However, you should change your address with CIC after you receive your AOR and file no.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
treasure73us said:

Approximately. This only based on recent performance. There is no guarantee one way or the other.

If I leave Canada before AOR is received my application will be null and void ?

No. No problem.

Can I give some other countries address upon receipt of AOR and all the future communication will be sent to that address?

Yes.

flag2009

Star Member
Aug 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
12-05-2011
Passport Req..
03-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-09-2011
note that when it is time to send your passport, you need to sent it to Buffalo ONLY for stamping. you cannot send it to your local canadian consulate.

To this, you have either go directly to buffalo, or send it by mail from Canada (you cannot send it by mail from any other country).

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flag2009 said:
To this, you have either go directly to buffalo, or send it by mail from Canada (you cannot send it by mail from any other country).
Not true. However, the applicant must ensure that it is legal to mail/courier passports from their country.