+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC APPLICATION FROM WITHIN QUEBEC

Stonehenge

Nov 22, 2023
Hello, has anyone been able to apply for CEC EE from within Quebec as a worker in Quebec and how did it go? I'm planning on applying once I get up to year working at my current job and I need every information I can get before then. Thanks.

Mihirakula

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
I did. My Eligibility was in review required coma for 1 year because all my work experience was in Quebec. I provided an Ontario address, utility bills and my application to Professional Engineers Ontario for Engineer-in-training (EIT) status as proof of intent to settle outside Quebec. My Eligibility was finally passed 2 weeks ago after 1 whole year of waiting, and I did not get any Procedural Fairness Letter.

I am now waiting for final decision and PR portal emails.

Reactions: Stonehenge

Stonehenge

Nov 22, 2023
I did. My Eligibility was in review required coma for 1 year because all my work experience was in Quebec. I provided an Ontario address, utility bills and my application to Professional Engineers Ontario for Engineer-in-training (EIT) status as proof of intent to settle outside Quebec. My Eligibility was finally passed 2 weeks ago after 1 whole year of waiting, and I did not get any Procedural Fairness Letter.

Thanks for your response. One whole year? That's a lot. I intend applying next year April though. But my wife is studying at McGill and will be rounding up by 2026. I intend leaving Quebec after her study so I can continue the process of getting my Architectural practice license as the French language is a barrier for me here. I hope they see reason to that when I apply next year.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your response. One whole year? That's a lot. I intend applying next year April though. But my wife is studying at McGill and will be rounding up by 2026. I intend leaving Quebec after her study so I can continue the process of getting my Architectural practice license as the French language is a barrier for me here. I hope they see reason to that when I apply next year.
You want to show residence outside of Quebec - lease, health card, utilities etc. Once you have residency outside Quebec, you pay taxes in that province.

Mihirakula

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
If possible, make yourself the primary applicant and leave out your wife's study program at McGill outside of your application. If you're not claiming CRS points for your dependent's academics and work experience, it's better to leave those details out of the application to reduce processing time.

I am saying this because there was a case, Dhaliwal vs Canada 2016, where the PR application was refused because the primary applicant would be unable to leave Quebec before the finalization of the PR application because she had 5 years remaining in her doctoral program at McGill. The applicant appealed to the Federal Court which then instructed IRCC to reopen the case and assign a new case officer to the file.

If you're unable to do that, you better have lease documents - driver's license - health card - tax assessments from another province, because IRCC will give you grief over your residence in Quebec.

Stonehenge

Nov 22, 2023
You want to show residence outside of Quebec - lease, health card, utilities etc. Once you have residency outside Quebec, you pay taxes in that province.
But CEC is not like provincial nominee program where I'll have to reside in that area. With CEC I can reside anywhere I want right? So the issue of paying tax in the province won't arise. Also to show intent of not staying in Quebec will any of the items you listed suffice or I'll need all? Can just lease be enough?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But CEC is not like provincial nominee program where I'll have to reside in that area. With CEC I can reside anywhere I want right? So the issue of paying tax in the province won't arise. Also to show intent of not staying in Quebec will any of the items you listed suffice or I'll need all? Can just lease be enough?
It's a Federal program with Quebec excluded. So you need to show you will be living in a province other than Quebec.

Stonehenge

Nov 22, 2023
If possible, make yourself the primary applicant and leave out your wife's study program at McGill outside of your application. If you're not claiming CRS points for your dependent's academics and work experience, it's better to leave those details out of the application to reduce processing time.

I am saying this because there was a case, Dhaliwal vs Canada 2016, where the PR application was refused because the primary applicant would be unable to leave Quebec before the finalization of the PR application because she had 5 years remaining in her doctoral program at McGill. The applicant appealed to the Federal Court which then instructed IRCC to reopen the case and assign a new case officer to the file.

If you're unable to do that, you better have lease documents - driver's license - health card - tax assessments from another province, because IRCC will give you grief over your residence in Quebec.
Wow, this is becoming difficult. I intend her to write IELTS so we can boost our score. Her program will be finishing by 2026 and we intend to leave Quebec after then. So you mean I shouldn't bring her up in anyway when applying, even for the IELTS? Also, won't the lease alone serve as intent that I won't be staying in Quebec?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can just getting a lease from another province only be enough to show this proof?
Generally you would want to show more than that since anyone could technically get a lease but not actually live somewhere.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What else and how do you suggest I go about getting other documents needed please?
Other examples were mentioned previously by others. Stuff like utilities, employment or job offer, health card, tax returns. You don't need all of it. But you should really have several.

Mihirakula

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Wow, this is becoming difficult. I intend her to write IELTS so we can boost our score. Her program will be finishing by 2026 and we intend to leave Quebec after then. So you mean I shouldn't bring her up in anyway when applying, even for the IELTS? Also, won't the lease alone serve as intent that I won't be staying in Quebec?
No harm in showing IELTS score, because where you write the exam does not matter.

I advised against mentioning your wife's ongoing program in McGill because technically, she won't be able to move to another province until she's done with her studies, and you are expected to move out before your PR application is finalized. You can always come back to Quebec as soon as you officially become a PR, but not before.

However, if your wife has completed her studies by the time you submit your application, then there's no harm in claiming points for her degree as she is free to move anywhere she wants after graduation. But since you intend to apply this year, I assume this is not possible.

Stonehenge

Nov 22, 2023
Ok
No harm in showing IELTS score, because where you write the exam does not matter.

I advised against mentioning your wife's ongoing program in McGill because technically, she won't be able to move to another province until she's done with her studies, and you are expected to move out before your PR application is finalized. You can always come back to Quebec as soon as you officially become a PR, but not before.

However, if your wife has completed her studies by the time you submit your application, then there's no harm in claiming points for her degree as she is free to move anywhere she wants after graduation. But since you intend to apply this year, I assume this is not possible.
Ok. I understand now. Well I am the principal applicant and will applying next year when I complete my 12 months work experience. Thanks so much for your contribution. Any news about yours?

Stonehenge

Nov 22, 2023

Hello, any update from IRCC?