+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC and Wage

kutemute

Mar 17, 2011
Hi everyone

I am planning to apply for CEC this year and was wondering if wage must be equal to what NOC wage stated on their website

For instance, applying for Administrator officer's wage in Toronto area is $13

My current hourly wage must be the same? or doesn't really matter whether its lower or higher.

Let's say my wage is $12 and would that be a problem when I apply for this position?

Help me out there

Thanks..

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kutemute said:
Hi everyone

I am planning to apply for CEC this year and was wondering if wage must be equal to what NOC wage stated on their website

For instance, applying for Administrator officer's wage in Toronto area is $13

My current hourly wage must be the same? or doesn't really matter whether its lower or higher.

Let's say my wage is $12 and would that be a problem when I apply for this position?

Help me out there

Thanks..
Not necessarily. $12 is pretty close to $13 so it's doubtful that would go against you. A bigger gap could have a problem because CIC would question whether you were performing the duties of the appropriate position for the qualifying skill level. You do know that an Administrative Assistant is skill level C and not eligible for CEC.

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a similar problem in this area. I was hired as a sale& service rep at a call center in 2009. However when I started my job, not one of my duties involved sales. Most of my job duties were that of a user support technician (noc 2282) and some billing. However my pay does not reflect the minimum average associated with the job of a user support technician. I was being paid minimum wage 10/hr at that time, and later increased to $10.25. It was also a call center and we had a lot of benefits too. What do I do in this case?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrB said:
I have a similar problem in this area. I was hired as a sale& service rep at a call center in 2009. However when I started my job, not one of my duties involved sales. Most of my job duties were that of a user support technician (noc 2282) and some billing. However my pay does not reflect the minimum average associated with the job of a user support technician. I was being paid minimum wage 10/hr at that time, and later increased to $10.25. It was also a call center and we had a lot of benefits too. What do I do in this case?
Is your employer willing to support your claim that your job was actually 2282? That will be key to you being successful. I'm not sure what CIC will do because you don't mention if there is a huge disparity from what you should have been paid vs. what you were paid. CIC may contact the employer to verify that your work experience is at the appropriate skill level to be eligible for CEC.

This topic of salary vs. wage is coming up over and over again with CEC. I would bet that CIC is going to study this and if it is a common issue with CEC applicants, possibly revamp the eligibility requirements to include wage. But as the legislation stands now, it is not one of the determining factors.

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot my employer has given me a reference letter that also includes my job duties and it matches noc 2282. Would I need more? The minimum according to hrsdc is $14.60 and could go as high as $30.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrB said:
Thanks a lot my employer has given me a reference letter that also includes my job duties and it matches noc 2282. Would I need more? The minimum according to hrsdc is $14.60 and could go as high as $30.
I really don't know. CEC is a new program and there's not a lot of historical data to study surrounding it. I haven't seen this issue result in a refusal YET but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened or won't happen in the future. Best of luck.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It will probably be OK, if anything it makes your employer look bad, but the difference is not that big...