+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBSA Inspection when leaving Canada?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Does CBSA ever conduct inspections of people leaving Canada by land or air? I recently drove into Canada from the states, US CBP had put cones across the road at the border, requiring you to enter U.S. customs and undergo an inspection before entering Canada. I have never had that happen before. Does CBSA ever do that? I am thinking of the That 70s Show episode where the gang drives to Canada to buy beer and Fez loses his green card. They are stopped at Canadian customs when trying to enter the U.S. I always though that was kind of strange as I have never been required to report for an inspection when leaving the U.S. or Canada until recently?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

links18 said:
Does CBSA ever conduct inspections of people leaving Canada by land or air? I recently drove into Canada from the states, US CBP had put cones across the road at the border, requiring you to enter U.S. customs and undergo an inspection before entering Canada. I have never had that happen before. Does CBSA ever do that? I am thinking of the That 70s Show episode where the gang drives to Canada to buy beer and Fez loses his green card. They are stopped at Canadian customs when trying to enter the U.S. I always though that was kind of strange as I have never been required to report for an inspection when leaving the U.S. or Canada until recently?
Yes at Airports, usually looking for currency undeclared in excess of 10K

PMM

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
If you watch that episode of That 70s Show you will notice the map of Canada on the wall behind them when they are in the station getting grilled by the RCMP shows Nunavut as already in existence in the 1970s. Talk about your anachronisms! Does anyone know what the writers for that show's fascination with Canada was all about?