+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Category 1, 2 or 3 in federal skill worker????

chu_thuanfuv

Oct 19, 2011
Hi All,
I am currently PhD student in canada (1,5 year now). I also got 10 year work experience in my home country (Vietnam) belonging to one of 24 eligible occupation in Canada. My master degree issued in Australia. Which better category in federal skill worker program should I apply for?
Category 1: You have at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in continuous part-time) paid work experience in the last ten years in an eligible occupation (I had paid work experience in Vietnam).
Category 2: permanent job offer (this absolutely not eligible to me)
Category 3: PhD stream (I need to wait for 0.5 year to meet the requirement)
Thank you very much,

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Hi chu_thuanfuv! What's your NOC? if its the popular one then your probably late to apply for Category 1 because u need ECA and IELTS. and not to mention the painstaking procedure of retrieving reference letters from employers. Perhaps Category 3 would be better for you.

chu_thuanfuv

Oct 19, 2011
Thanks for your prompt response. My NOC should be 2154 as I have been working on Department of Land survey and management in University. My main duties include analyze, manage and display data using Geographic Information system, provide training and consultation related to land survey. I will do ECA and IELTS soon.

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
You're welcome. Well that is good because 2154 is not a very popular NOC so far and that means that you might have a good chance for this year's FSW. But still I recommend that you get started as soon as possible and not let the opportunity slip away. And luckily you can keep the Phd Stream as your Plan B. :) Best of luck.