+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Case Specific Enquiry Asivad and Others please helpp

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it possible to provided an updated experience letter through CSE against claimed work experience ? Its not been a month that I submitted my application and willing to provide a more specific experience letter in conjunction with my chosen NOC

response awaited

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would advise against doing this after application submission.

This would imply that your organization (present or past) issues customized reference letters 'on demand' which discredits the organization. This would only serve to make the officer suspicious about the legitimacy of your work experience leading to extensive background checks. That might still be alright but imagine an officer's reaction if your HR/supervisor tells them that they provided a customized letter on your request (or worse, that they just signed a letter written by you!). At best, you are assured of a potential refusal. At worst, a misrepresentation charge as well.

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:

This would imply that your organization (present or past) issues customized reference letters 'on demand' which discredits the organization. This would only serve to make the officer suspicious about the legitimacy of your work experience leading to extensive background checks. That might still be alright but imagine an officer's reaction if your HR/supervisor tells them that they provided a customized letter on your request (or worse, that they just signed a letter written by you!). At best, you are assured of a potential refusal. At worst, a misrepresentation charge as well.
please check inbox Asivad ; response awaited

Ustaad

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Asivad Anac said:

Hi Asivad, a query in regards to your comment here "That might still be alright but imagine an officer's reaction if your HR/supervisor tells them that they provided a customized letter on your request" My reference letter in the end mentions "During his employment with our company, I found his conduct satisfactory. I am issuing this letter upon his request" Do the bold lettered words can cause any problem?

In my opinion, an ex or present supervisor would issue letter customised as per CIC specifications only on the request by employee

Whats ur opinion on that?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ustaad said:
Hi Asivad, a query in regards to your comment here "That might still be alright but imagine an officer's reaction if your HR/supervisor tells them that they provided a customized letter on your request" My reference letter in the end mentions "During his employment with our company, I found his conduct satisfactory. I am issuing this letter upon his request" Do the bold lettered words can cause any problem?

In my opinion, an ex or present supervisor would issue letter customised as per CIC specifications only on the request by employee

Whats ur opinion on that?
The operative word there was customized.

In the OP's case, they have already submitted a letter with their original application. If they now send in a revised letter which is customized on the basis of their request, that will be a problem. In the usual course of things, an employer granting ONE reference letter on an (ex) employee's request won't be a problem.

Ustaad

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
The operative word there was customized.

In the OP's case, they have already submitted a letter with their original application. If they now send in a revised letter which is customized on the basis of their request, that will be a problem. In the usual course of things, an employer granting ONE reference letter on an (ex) employee's request won't be a problem.
Yeah thanks

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:

Asviad I skipped reading the important thing you mentioned here as " if they tell them" ;

I don't think so that they would as they know CIC sniffs for a single reason to discard your application after months of wait and patience

also I would like to add that I am an ex-employer ; I left that job almost an year and a half ago

Now what you say ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
feejay87 said:
Asviad I skipped reading the important thing you mentioned here as " if they tell them" ;

I don't think so that they would as they know CIC sniffs for a single reason to discard your application after months of wait and patience

also I would like to add that I am an ex-employer ; I left that job almost an year and a half ago

Now what you say ?
I would still recommend NOT to send in a revised letter. Never a good idea.

canadiensedream2015

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
How about sending a CSE with a 'more complete' list of responsibilities? Would that work?

In my case the letter I was originally provided was too short and just gave a general overview of my responsibilities. My former employer is willing to provide a more comprehensive list.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiensedream2015 said:
How about sending a CSE with a 'more complete' list of responsibilities? Would that work?

In my case the letter I was originally provided was too short and just gave a general overview of my responsibilities. My former employer is willing to provide a more comprehensive list.
I wouldn't recommend sending in any kind of modified/revised/updated/customized reference letters using the CSE route. They'll only cause suspicion. Avoid as far as possible.

canadiensedream2015

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
I wouldn't recommend sending in any kind of modified/revised/updated/customized reference letters using the CSE route. They'll only cause suspicion. Avoid as far as possible.
I will follow your advise Asivad. I am just worried that my NOC code is not sufficiently proved in my experience letter (which literally has only two sentences with my responsibilities). I am hoping CIC will put more weigh in the rest of my application and ask me for clarification if they need further info about my previous job experience, instead of just declining it.

alya2905

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-10-2016
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
05-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed at this time
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully July 2017
Hello.... I have a very important question and i need an urgent solution for a friend. One of my friend have already sent application package to Ontario (for Ontario PNP -express entry) on reviewing photocopy of application, it was found tht express entry number and job validation code was not written.

The application package was sent in august..and it is not returned back as "incomplete" as of now. I suggested my friend to give them a call and send another filled application form...

What would be the right step here....please help.