+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

carrying my child while i study

Sarzz2330

Aug 9, 2018
what documents do I submit for my son if he comes with me while I study. should i do schedule 1 temporary visa. Grateful if someone explains how your child goes with you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In general you will have challenges getting a study permit at age 38 with a family. Your situation screams immigration and not genuine student. If you are doing a masters or PhD you will likely have a better chance at convincing CIC that you are a genuine student in my opinion. Spouses and children are allowed to apply but are not guaranteed an OWP/TRV to accompany an international student. Would recommend you apply on your own first to see if you will get a study permit. You will have to convince CIC that it makes sense at this point in your life to move to Canada and do another degree given your education and work experience as well as your current family life in your home country. If you have a nice established family life with careers in your home country you will have to convince CIC that studying in Canada for 2 years only to return home after 2 years makes sense. If you are granted a work permit you can apply for a OWP for your spouse an a TRV for your children. If you apply for your student permit and OWP/TRV you usually have to wait a lot longer to find out if you are granted the permits.