+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Career Switch - Different NOC codes

Jun 28, 2018
Dear Experts,

I've perused the forum threads to see another work experience situation similar to mine. Unfortunately, it looks like most cases are unique, as is mine. I need your advice on the right way ahead for submitting my Expression of Interest.

• My primary work experience is under NOC 0213 - Computer and Information systems managers, for which I have 7 years work experience in the last 10 years (Total work experience 10 years - from 2005 - 2015).
  • In 2016, I decided to take a break and try a different career. So, I got a 2-year, full-time, Master's degree in Arts, specializing in Education.
  • Since graduating in May 2018, I have been working as a middle school teacher, to test the waters in this new career. I believe this is NOC 4031 - Secondary School teachers.
I'm at the point of submitting my Expression of Interest online, to join the Express Entry Pool and my question is about the Work History section.
1. Should I list my new work experience in NOC4031 under the Work History section?
2. If I add this Work History, although my primary NOC code will be 0213, will I still have to show reference letters from my current employer?
3. What are the hassles if I chose to not mention my work experience from May 2018 onwards?
Appreciate your thoughts and recommendations in this regard.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
1. Not necessary at all. You only need to show a maximum of 3 three yrs to gain maximum points under the work experience section. So your first job of 7 yrs will suffice to get all the points.

2. Yes, if you include your new job you will have to provide all the paperwork to support the claim. But all the additional paperwork would be useless since you get all the points you need from your previous experience.

3. There are no hassles. You can disclose your latest work experience in the personal history section, which you have to fill after you receive an ITA.