+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't get a new Digital Photo because of COVID-19

Gh325165

Nov 27, 2018
Hey all,

I got an ITA under CEC.

According to CIC your Digital Photo must be taken within the last 6 months.
Unfortunately places near me are closed because of COVID-19.

I uploaded the latest Digital Photo I got although it was taken more than 6 months ago.

What are the odds of my application being rejected because of this?
Should I write an LoE for it?

Thanks

Gh325165

Nov 27, 2018
I live in Markham. The issue is I don't have a car and I'm worried about using public transport/taking an uber.
I can't seem to find anything within walking distance.

Appreciate the help though :)

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
If there’s staples nearby, they can take your digital photo. Bring usb storage drive with you.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I always figured that the digital photo would be taken when you went for biometrics at Service Canada?
Its included in the document checklist after getting ITA. But yes, its odd that IRCC is taking your digital photo twice.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
If that is the case, can biometrics be taken elsewhere as well?
What do you mean? Like not in a Service Canada location? This I’m not sure. AFAIK, you will receive a biometrics instruction letter post submission of docs. That’s the time you can set up an appointment with Service Canada to give your biometrics. I think IRCC is also extending the bio deadline as some March 2020 CEC applicants had their bio appointments cancelled by Service Canada.

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
There is some talk of still being able to get fingerprints taken at some locations in Toronto. When you go to the site they indicate that they are certified with RCMP to take them. However, I feel that this is perhaps for people that have gotten requests to fingerprint or get a police check here in Canada.

Gh325165

Nov 27, 2018
Clicking on the (?) next to Digital Photo on the online document checklist only specifies the 6 month requirement if you're applying for the Canadian Citizenship.

I know you'll be asked to mail them your passport and physical Digital Photo when you do finally get accepted for the PR (because I'm assuming that will be the Digital Photo they'll use on the PR card itself).
Having the 6 month requirement on that makes sense.

But at this point, for the online submission, I'm not so sure that it has to be within 6 months old.
I'm not sure what the online version of the Digital Photo is for anyway.

Can anyone confirm if that's the case or not please?