+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't Find Any Info On What Documents I Need For Outland Sponsorship (Spouse)

MapleCat

Mar 25, 2019
He's Canadian and I'm American. Are the documents for the outland sponsorship the same as inland?

The:
IMM 1344e
IMM 5532e
IMM 0008enu_2d
IMM 0008depenu
IMM 5406
eIMM 5669?

If not, where do I go for information on this? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm seriously lost in all of this stuff

My husband also mentioned something about a visitor's visa? Do I need that for the outland sponsorship?

Last edited:

melylags

Star Member
Nov 25, 2018
All of the forms, checklists, and instructions can be found here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Once you make the appropriate choices in the drop down menus, it will list all of the documents/forms you need to submit. Part of this includes a checklist which has to be submitted as part of your application, and it is listed on the website and will help ensure you do not miss any forms. I also highly recommend reading through the basic guide (IMM 5525) AND the complete guide (IMM 5289) for clarification and to avoid any mistakes. For example, there's a form that says you only need to sign it electronically as you're filling it out, but this is misleading. You need to sign it by hand next to the electronic signature. People's applications get returned all the time (as you can find on this forum) because they did not realize they had to sign it by hand, and had they read the guides thoroughly, they would have avoided this common mistake. Filling out the forms can be daunting, but if you read through everything carefully and thoroughly, you will be fine.

melylags

Star Member
Nov 25, 2018
And to answer the first question -- I believe the forms are the same for inland and outland, but you will need to provide different sets of proof depending on if you check that you are living with your spouse or not.

thor07

Apr 15, 2018
These
All of the forms, checklists, and instructions can be found here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Once you make the appropriate choices in the drop down menus, it will list all of the documents/forms you need to submit. Part of this includes a checklist which has to be submitted as part of your application, and it is listed on the website and will help ensure you do not miss any forms. I also highly recommend reading through the basic guide (IMM 5525) AND the complete guide (IMM 5289) for clarification and to avoid any mistakes. For example, there's a form that says you only need to sign it electronically as you're filling it out, but this is misleading. You need to sign it by hand next to the electronic signature. People's applications get returned all the time (as you can find on this forum) because they did not realize they had to sign it by hand, and had they read the guides thoroughly, they would have avoided this common mistake. Filling out the forms can be daunting, but if you read through everything carefully and thoroughly, you will be fine.
These links aren't opening the documents anymore. I'm not sure why and I've tried on multiple browsers and devices. Can anyone help me with the checklist for outland sponsorship? (Please)