+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canceling express entry representation while applying EOI to MPNP

IndigoTech

Nov 8, 2023
Hello everyone,

I'm currently facing an issue with an immigration agent. I paid a significant amount for the creation of an Express Entry profile. However, upon informing the agent about a community invitation for an exploratory visit and my intent to pursue the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP), the agent started ignoring my emails and became nearly unreachable.

Recently, I received an invitation from an MPNP immigration officer to apply for Expression of Interest. When I requested my agent to open an Expression of Interest for me, it took two weeks for a response. He mentioned that he would proceed, and two days later, his assistant sent me some documents from Manitoba to sign, indicating their representation in the application.

I asked for a meeting before signing the documents, but his assistant didn't respond. After a couple of days, I inquired about the possibility of applying for the MPNP independently while still having the agent represent me in the Express Entry profile. The assistant, however, only replied after my second email, asking, 'Can I schedule a meeting for this Friday?' while completely disregarding my query about self-representation in the MPNP.

This whole experience has left me deeply frustrated with the agent's approach to customer service. I want to terminate their representation in the Express Entry profile and transfer the profile to my own account. I feel entirely lost and uncertain about what steps to take, so I have a few questions:

• I haven't set up an IRCC account or interacted with any IRCC-related processes before. Should I be aware of any potential issues that might arise?
  • Can I start the process to cancel the agent's representation while simultaneously applying for the EOI for MPNP?
  • What happens if the Express Entry profile expires before I complete my MPNP process and achieve the 600 points? (opened in April this year)

Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

* Just want to mention that I checked this agent and many people recommended the company and him in particular.