+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadians born first generation abroad, sponsoring dependent American Child

lasbagman

Nov 28, 2009
My wife and I gave had our Canadian citizenship restored due to Bill c37. We have a 13 year old daughter. I am in the airline business and once we have our certificates, we will go to Canada and apply for SIN and passports. I want to transfer to Toronto and My wife does hospital patient admisisions in Las Vegas.

Are we better off processing our daughter's Pr outland from Nevada or inland from Toronto, in case we have to move quickly from Las Vegas ?
could we still move to Canada with the Outland procedure and she could enter Toronto as a Visitor ?

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
I'm assuming you have already researched to make sure that your child is not eligible for Canadian citizenship - so I won't go into that. I'll operate under the assumption that you know for sure that she needs to be sponsored for permanent residence. I don't think you can apply via the inland process to sponsor a dependent child - but you do not have to apply via the inland process just because she'll be in Canada with you. Since your daughter is a US citizen, her application can be processed through the embassy in Buffalo. They are currently processing dependent child sponsorships in 3-7 months.

You'll use the same application that you'd use to sponsor a spouse and send it to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, ON. They currently take about a month to assess you as a sponsor, and then transfer the file to Buffalo.