+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

canadian wants to marry overseas HELP !

d_1982

Star Member
Nov 20, 2008
hello i have a question a canadian citizen male who is nearly 60 wants to marry a women living overseas who is also nearly 60.

what is the process to bring her to canada?
what is the quickest way to bring her in canada?
what applications to file?
and how long does it take to bring her in canada by normal immigration?
and when does she recive her PR card on marriage?
and can she visit to u.s on PR card by road, or by plane?
and how long can she stay in u.s on PR card?

if some one have info regarding these question please share with me. thank you HELP !

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He needs to apply to sponsor her for PR. They need to prove that their relationship is real. The time it takes varies depending on where she lives but could take from 4 months up to a year. They would apply after they marry. Once she is approved, she can come to Canada and "land" as PR. She will get the PR card in the mail about a month later. Unlike a US PR using a green card to travel to Canada, a Canadian PR can not travel to the US on PR card. If she wants to visit the US, she will have to go on her passport. If she needs a visa, she will have to apply for one.

Dec 23, 2008
Hi there

sorry, but iam new here and iam try to post and to ask any one but i dont how i will do that, can you help me

thanks and sorry for any bathar

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want to make a new post, go to the list of posts and you should see a "new topic" button to the top right.

d_1982

Star Member
Nov 20, 2008
leon thanks a alot for replying. so you are saying she can not visit U.S on canadian PR card? not even by car or by plane? wow i never knew this, well i heard from some one who had a canadian PR card and traveled to U.S with her husband by car. she even had a canadian PR card rest i dont know.

and by the way how long does she have to wait to gain a canadian passport? months years?

and does she need to pass a citizenship test to gain canadian passport?

what if she is non-educated and can't speak or write in english is there any other ways like through test translation or any otherways to gain canadian citizenship even tho she is married to canadian husband?

thnx

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The US doesn't care at all if you have a Canada PR card or not. They go by your passport only.

Somebody who becomes PR of Canada needs to live here for 3 years before applying for citizenship. People who are 55 or older do not take a citizenship test but they might have to do an interview, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002E5.asp

I think she should better learn English if she is planning to live in Canada. Otherwise she will be completely dependent on her husband, assuming they are from the same country so they can communicate. What if her husband dies, who will take care of her then?

d_1982

Star Member
Nov 20, 2008
ya i read the info on the link if you are 55 yrs old or older, well she is 58 but does not speak or write english as it showed that she would have to take an interview? can that interview be taken by the translator, hmm i guess you wouldn't have an idea of that i might just have to talk to lawyer or by calling the canadian citizenship office. and if she have PR card or if she obtains the canadian passport will she be able to sponsor her kids from u.s even tho kids are u.s citizen living in u.s i mean can she bring them in canada on PR card or on canadian passport and how long will it take process for the kids from u.s to canada? years months. thnx for your help leo

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She can sponsor her kids under the federal system who are under age 22 if she makes enough money.

If she lives in AB, MB or SK, she could sponsor them under a provincial program if they meet the requirements. She would have to live in that province 1-2 years, have x amount of money or income, her husband can co-sign, child being sponsored needs to be a certain age and also have x amount of money. It depends on the different programs so I suggest you read up on the provincial nominee programs on the CIC website if you are interested.