+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian sponsoring, questions...

danyluck

Aug 19, 2016
Hello forum, couple of quick questions.

Been dating the woman of my dreams, but she is not a resident. This year is probably the last year for her to stay here under current work permits, though she is working with her employer on a sponsorship that should have a pretty solid shot of success. She has made no suggestions of sponsorship, this is on my own.

I am considering proposing marriage, A) Because after 19 continuous years of dating I know I'll never find somebody like this again, and B) to turn a pretty solid shot into a sure thing and remove any uncertainty.

Questions:

1) She has lived in Canada for years, and is from Latin America. Inland or Outland? Have resources to travel as required.
2) Open work permit program ends December. Any idea on processing times?
3) Once a work permit is granted, is it possible to leave Canada? Possible but not advisable?

Thanks. Trying to do research, but I figured with such simple questions this might be easier.

just a square

Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA 08-08-2016, AOR2 16-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
14-03-2017
Processing times depend on the country she is from.
Outland is usually a better option because it's a lot faster and she can stay in Canada, or travel back home if she wants.
Not sure what work permit you're asking about. OWP is only granted for inland applicants, after a ~4 months of waiting.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
danyluck said:
I am considering proposing marriage, A) Because after 19 continuous years of dating I know I'll never find somebody like this again, and B) to turn a pretty solid shot into a sure thing and remove any uncertainty.
Congrats!

danyluck said:
1) She has lived in Canada for years, and is from Latin America. Inland or Outland? Have resources to travel as required.
Both options should be available. Outland processing times are faster, but inland grants her the option to work while she is staying here. Neither applications provide her status, so she would have to maintain status (inland she can apply for an OWP, that would grant her the status to remain).

danyluck said:
2) Open work permit program ends December. Any idea on processing times?
The door posted times can be found here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

danyluck said:
3) Once a work permit is granted, is it possible to leave Canada? Possible but not advisable?
All applications requires you to maintain a visitor visa of some description, as the PR application does not permit her to remain in Canada. Outland applications: you are permitted to leave. Inland applications: leaving is not recommended, because if she gets stopped at the border and cannot enter, then the application would be considered abandoned. It's risky, because you are leaving the application's fate in the hands of a border agent.